2- a new Friend?

Next morning, Mike lifted his head up from his pillow wearily. His cheeks were stained with tears. His eyes stung and felt like lead. Then he lay back down again. No way was he going to school today. "Mike time for school! " his mom called up the stairs. "No! " Mike howled. "no please don't make me go to school!" His mom came up the stairs. Maisy was behind her. "why not Mike? " his mom asked him gently. She came in to Mike's bedroom and sat down on his bed. Maisy did the same. They both gasped.

"Mike have u been crying? " Maisy gasped. She hugged him. "No" Mike murmured.
"you have! " Maisy declared. "was it cuz of Dad? Did he hurt u? " she asked. Mike didn't react so Maisy pulled up Mike's sleeve. She gasped. Mike had cuts on his arm. "OMG I can't believe Dad did that to u!" gasped Maisy. "it was not his fault he drank too much!" there mother said gently. "and now Mike hurry up and get ready or you will be late for school! " she added. Sighing heavily, Mike got out of bed and got dressed in his clothes. He then got his school stuff ready.

When Mike got to school, he immediately started running to his classroom. When he got there, he sat down pulledout his notebook and pen and began absentmindedly doodling. He didn't take much notice of what was going on around him, not even when a boy came and sat right next to him, even though no one ever sat next to Mike. The students all around Mike started to look at Mike and whisper. He gulped and gasped softly. "oh look at the know it all sat alone again! " cried the leader, Roy Koopa. His brothers, Larry, Lemmy, Iggy and Morton, laughed and so did his only sister Wendy. Mike turned around and looked at his bully, only to get an extremely painful blow in the face from him. Mike gasped softly as his eye went black and his lips bled. He turned quickly away from Roy, but the damage was done. The teacher came in and started teaching, not noticing what was going on as usual. Mikes eyes filled up with big tears. Trying to forget about it he started doodling in his notebook again. Then he got a shock, for the boy that was sat next to him siad: "are u okay? " Mike jumped and looked at him. it was Ludwig von Koopa, Roy's older brother, and the only Koopaling who didn't bully him.

"what?! " he sobbed, trying to wipe his tears way. "I asked If u was okay! " Ludwig repeated. Mike glared at Ludwig through his tears. "do I look okay?! " he snapped.

Ludwig looked slightly hurt, but he tried not to show Mike this. "Your mouths bleeding!" He said instead.

"I know that too!" Mike snapped. Ludwig looked hurt again, and Mike noticed this time. Maybe he should try and be nicer to Ludwig. After all, he was the only one who didn't bully him. "Sorry, do ya have a tissue?" Mike siad more quietly.

"Uh, yeah sure!" Ludwig said, surprised by Mike's sudden change of attitude. He gave Mike a tissue and Mike wiped his tears and the blood away.

"Thanks!" Mike said.

"Your welcome!" Ludwig said, he gave Mike a small smile, which Mike actually returned.

Was it possible he was finally making a friend?