Chapter 1 ~ I'll miss you

I walked downstairs in the house I grew up in, slowly searching the walls staring at all the pictures my parents captured of me when I was a child. I reached the bottom to see my mom and my little brother Kai looking at me.
"I'll miss you bug I can't believe your finally going off on your own after 22 years.." she sighed.
My mom's eyes began to fill with tears as she hugged me, I turned to look at my little brother who had no hint of emotion on his face.
"You know I'll miss you sis don't look at me like that".
"I know you will Kai but I just wish I could spend more time with my not so little-little brother" I quietly giggled to myself hearing those words come out of my mouth. He is my little brother but he's in his senior year of high school.
"I better get going guys I don't want to be late" I shrugged.  My eyes started to well, I couldn't comprehend the thought of being gone for months before I could see them again.
"We love you, text me when you get to the airport bug." I hugged them both once again before getting into the cab my mom called me just a few minutes before.

"Novalie right?" The taxi driver turned around and asked,
"Yep." I said with no emotion other than sadness. This is the first time leaving since I came back from college. I was worried but ready to start my life knowing I would be back home soon enough for the holidays.
"Your headed to the airport right?" He asked.
"Sure am."
That was pretty much it with the conversation during the drive. I sat in the back seat staring at the trees we were passing by hoping that the choice i made would end up being the right one but I couldn't help worrying. I always overthink about everything and change my mind often but deep down i knew no matter how much I wanted to go back home and forget about this I couldn't. Before I knew it we reached Tuscan airport the driver helped me with my bags and I payed him. I had been in this airport too many times to count because we traveled a lot when my dad was still alive. I picked up my phone and texted my mom.

                                Mom❤️
Hey just made it to the airport I have about an hour before my flight leaves, I love you guys so much I'll text you when I'm boarding.
                                                                         sent 1:25 pm

Okay bug we miss you so much already and behave yourself ❤️.
sent 1:28 pm

I put my phone down after seeing my moms message, shes happy I'm going off on my own but I know she was still worried about me. I began walking from the front of the airport to security and thankfully i made it through without an issue. I looked down at my phone again and read 1:59 pm, I sighed knowing it was about time to head to my gate, I looked at the tickets on my phone and saw my plane was boarding in terminal 8. That's all the way on the other side of the airport. I knew i had time but i was so anxious i wanted to get there early just to be sure nothing would go wrong. As i was walking i wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings and next thing i knew i felt a jolt. My phone flew out of my hands and I dropped my luggage. "Dammit!" I shouted loud enough for everyone to turn and look at me.
From behind me i heard a voice "I'm so so so sorry, I should've been paying attention to where i was going." .
I turned around to see a guy who looked my age, he was taller than me, not by much and dressed like he was born in the wrong era his voice sounded oddly familiar but it was so unique i was sure i hadn't heard it before.
"its okay next time just try not to bump into people." I was laughing hopefully letting him know it wasn't a big deal.
"I really didn't mean to I'm just a bit lost and I have to be at my terminal by 2:45 for boarding."
I looked at the man a little curious and thought i might as well pass some time and distract myself "Well do you need help I know this place like the back of my hand." Normally I wouldn't help someone who had just knocked into me but he was kinda cute and I didn't mind because I knew it would help ease my mind and distract me for a little bit.
"Actually.. that would be really great he giggled. I appreciate the help even after what i did." he said finally looking up as his cheeks became red. 

"Im Novalie but my friends call me Nova."
I put my hand out in the space between us. He looked up at me for a second with a soft smile and the sense of familiarity came back to me, but there is no way i know this beautiful boy.
"Nice to meet you Nova" he said in a soft and sweet voice grasping my hand very gently.
"and you are?" I smiled at him and he gleamed back in embarrassment.
"Oh yeah! Sorry, I'm josh."
"Nice to meet you josh, now.. Which terminal are you looking for?"
"Terminal 8" he sighed.
"Oh shit i'm actually headed to the same one right now you can follow me if you would like." He still had my hand in his grasp so I gently pulled away and turned around to pick my bags up off the ground and my phone soon after. I turned back around to see him staring at me, his face warm realizing I had caught him staring.
"Oh yeah s-sure, you lead the way" He picked up his bags he had sat down and began following.
"So where ya headed to?" My face turned red, You just met this guy why are you asking him so many questions.
"Michigan" he said smiling
"No way I'm heading to the same place i think we're actually on the same plane."
"That's weird but the universe works that way" I shot him an intrigued look.
"I guess so, i'm headed to Frankenmuth."
"so why are you going to Frankenmuth?"
"Well... " I sighed.
I'm actually a musician and I'm ready to kick start my career i guess, I'm gonna be opening for a new band while they do a tour in a couple of states" I felt a knot form in my stomach realizing how nervous I actually was. Josh glared at me his eyes wide open but not saying a word. "you okay?"
"Y-yes I just zoned out" he smirked at me. His face looked like he knew something but wasnt willing to share exactly what it was. I wasn't going to press him for it I barley knew him. "So have you ever met this band?" "To be completley honest no.. I spoke to their management a few times but not directly to the band members." I shrugged and looked over to see josh with a smile plastered on his face.
"Do you know the name of the band?"
"Yeah, Greta Van Fleet I haven't heard the music and i've stopped myself from looking them up because i feel like if i became a fan of their music then they will just think i'm a groupie you know?" He shrugged "makes perfect sense to me" shooting me a warm smile. We finally arrived at the terminal and we had a bit of time before boarding.

"Thanks." he smiled "for helping me you know.."
"no problem." I shrugged nodding my head. "JOSH!!!!" I heard someone yell, I looked over and saw a group of 3 other people.
"The one who yelled for sure has a set of pipes" I giggled to myself
"Well that's my little brother for you, I've gotta go it's been really nice meeting you"  his cheeks went warm. He walked away and went to join the other people. There was a very tall boy with long black hair he was definitely more muscular then the rest of the boys, the other two boys were similar to josh in height and both had long hair. I tried to look a little closer and noticed one of the boys looked really similar to josh but had a different style and definitely presented himself differently. My eyes fell on the third boy who was skinnier than the others and seemed really young. After googling over the group of strangers I sat down and put my earbuds in to listen to music and pass the time. Almost asleep i was jolted awake by the boarding announcement so I grabbed my bags and walked twoards the plane entrance. I found my seat next to the window and sat down, only moments later someone sat next to me. I looked up and saw josh,
"of course" I sighed to myself hoping he didn't hear me.
"Oh hey"
"Hi again."
"Funny meeting you here" he turned his head to look at me
"Yeah i could say the same thing, are you stalking me or what?"
He put his hand up to his chest as i had just stabbed him in his heart. We both started giggling. I put my earbuds back in and felt the plane take off. My eyes started to feel heavy and although i tried to fight the urge I fell asleep.