━━━ 𝗕𝗔𝗗 𝗟𝗨𝗖𝗞 .

BAD LUCK !
[ 𝖒iles morales. ]

                        are all black cats really just a disgrace to all spidermen? diane prays that this time it's not the case.

❪ summary ! ❫

❪ summary !

                        HOW TRUE IS IT THAT CATS ALWAYS LAND ON THEIR FEET? how many times can they do it on the first try, and how many times they can get up? sometimes you have to be at your lowest point to reach the top, they say. but you never wonder if you really come out unscathed. it seems obvious to the eyes of the experienced, to the eyes of those who have lived long enough to get up all those times, and even to the expectant gaze of those who have the privilege of watching you rise from the ground, straightening your head to look up at the sky and say: no, cats don't always land on their feet. but this is neither irremediable nor incriminating, i’s just a lack of balance.

diane wanted to help her family. the martins were never very wealthy or luxurious people, so over the years they had to work very hard as a family in order to have a normal life. it didn't help her much to be the only daughter in her parents' marriage, always seen as the jewel they had to keep pure on a shelf where it could never be broken. this never stopped her, however, working at a very young age and taking shifts wherever they would accept an underage girl doing chores.

this is why when she found out that alchemax was offering money for just a few small blood tests, her immediate response was yes. she didn't care if anything happened with her, and she really didn't need second opinions to make the decision. haven't you ever felt like you would do anything for someone? that ache of feeling so vulnerable when they mention someone and automatically your head scrambles thinking of the thousand ways you want to see them happy; that's what her family means to her. that's why she needed to do this.

diane martin didn't know how to balance her odds. she didn't know when to stop, didn't stop moving forward. so, she couldn't land on her feet. what a big mistake, right? now she must deal with the side effects of becoming a lab rat for one of wilson fisk's countless investigations.

not enough with dealing with her new ━━━ and catastrophic ━━━ abilities, now she must deal with the funny guy in the costume four sizes too small for him.