Chapter 1; Yoongi

"Well, well...whatta we have here? A pretty boy, huh? You alone tonight?"
Gritting my teeth in annoyance, I take one last drag on my cigarette before tossing it to the ground and stomping the embers out, wishing instead it were wreaking havoc on the arrogant alpha's face below my boot. Reluctantly, I look over to see the large drunk alpha swaying on his feet, eyeing me hungrily. Beyond gone. Not safe. Stay calm.
My hands shake so I shove them into the pockets of my stolen oversized black trench coat. My one luxury among the rest of my sparse plain belongings. I need to blend in. Clenching my fingers around the concealed blade I always carry, I slowly count backwards in my head from ten.
He glares when I refuse to answer him. He takes an unsteady step towards me, threateningly. "You gonna come with me now and let me take care of ya, yeah? I've got something you'll like pretty boy." He cackles, growling a bit. "I can taste you on my tongue already."
Biting the inside of my cheek, I taste blood. "I'm waiting on someone." I purposely keep my voice meek and low, vulnerable. I keep my eyes down, never risking to meet his, hiding my disgust and rage. Placating my voice. If he gets around to using his pheromones on me, it's all over.
Scoffing, he glances around before grasping my wrist tightly. Too tightly. I don't dare pull myself free, however, I know the drill. Refusals and rejections do not work with these bulky meatheads. It just makes them more angry and possessive. More dangerous. Aggressive.
"You filthy little whore! You fucking dare to think you're betta than me, huh?" He raises his arm to backhand me but before I can even steel myself for the impact or catch my breath, another hand quickly appears from behind me and grabs his fist, shoving it away forcibly.
        "He's mine." I feel the rumbling growl reverberate from up and behind my head, a familiar strong arm grasping my waist and pulling me flush against a hard, familiar, warm body. "Leave before I stop being nice and decide to dismember you for touching my belongings."
        The drunk alpha flushes red but quickly stands and raises his hands. "I-I'm sorry, boss. I didn't know he was one of yours. You neva said!" He stammers, scurrying away like the coward they all are. Yet omegas are the weak. What a fucking joke.
        The arm removes itself from my body and the gruff voice tsks. "You okay?"
       I eye the boss. AKA Jeon Jungkook. The alpha of all alpha bosses in the City. He owns the majority of everything here. His business run like a mafia. Fueled with money and threats of death. Usually acted upon quickly.
       I shiver in the cool night but hide it well. Swallowing hard, I nod once. "I was gonna handle it."
       He lazily looks me up and down, smirking. "That blade of yours is gonna be more trouble than help if the time comes, you know. I can give you something a little more substantial if you want." He casually removes a sleep black handgun from his inner coat pocket and waves it. "Want it? Fully loaded." Teasing.
        Narrowing my eyes, I know better than to ever accept anything from the likes of him. It never ends well for anyone, every time. There's always a catch. Always. "I'm good."
       Shrugging, he safetys the weapon and tucks it away. "Suit yourself. Big plans tonight?"
       I run my tongue over my teeth, thinking. Possibilities. "H-how much?"
       Raising a brow, he leans back against the wall to his bar and crosses his arms, his tattoos flexing under rippling forearm muscles. I refuse to stare. Instead, I force myself to meet his eyes. Amused. Like everything's one big joke to him. Myself included.
        "How much for what exactly?"
        I glance over the far distance at the shadow of the vast wall that boarders the entire City. The one and only escape from this hellscape. Freedom. "How much for you to take me outside the City?" I've been waiting all night for this meeting. Maybe even my whole life.
       Everyone knows this alpha is the only one capable of getting a rare omega safely away from here. None one else would dare or even bother. Why would they? It benefits them to use and abuse us to death. This one is different, though. I've crossed paths with him so many times and he's never once forced me to do anything remotely inappropriate or sexual.
       He whistles. "Starting off strong, I see." He laughs. "Why don't you come to my office. I'm willing to negotiate a business deal. Let's grab a drink and talk."
       I release a breath I hasn't realized I'd been holding and nod, following after him in relief as he leads me inside the bar and down the stairs to his basement office.
       I've been inside the bar many times but never down here. It looks like a completely different building. Where as the bar itself is dank and smelly and full of grit and grime...Jeon's office is lavish and sleek. Covered in art and modern chic. Three alphas lounge around the room, looking bored. I've seen them working as bodyguards sometimes. I unconsciously move closer to Jungkook as their eyes find me and hold, curious.
        "Wow, you actually got one?" One of them laugh at the boss and I'm shocked he isn't killed right on sight.
        Jungkook scoffs and throws his a glare. "Get out. I have business."
       The others roll their eyes, winking at me as they disappear upstairs. I take a seat and try not to fidget. I'm strong. I can do this—no matter what he demands on his end. I can accept all consequences. No matter how high the price. There's not much I haven't done to survive. I just need this chance to get out. No matter the cost.
        "Yoongi." His voice is disarmingly soft. I don't trust it one bit. "You're gonna stare a hole in my floor."
       "So how much?" Just wanting, needing, to know. I raise my gaze to his and wait. Will he help me or not? He's my only hope. I've tried everyone else with no luck. I'm out of options. If he denies me...I'm resolved. I won't survive another night here. If he turns me away....I clench the blade in my hand once more. I can end it all anytime I want. If he denies me. I will end it.
I can't do this anymore.