Chapter 1: The Tragic Summer Afternoon

After being given a new assignment by her personal professor, Fleur dedicates all her attention and energy to her project. She spends countless hours locked away in her room, fully engrossed in her work. Finally, feeling the need to stay hydrated, she reluctantly takes a break and ventures downstairs to fetch herself a refreshing glass of water. As she enters the living room, she is not surprised to find it empty, as this has become a daily routine for her. 

However, her tranquility is abruptly shattered when the dormant telephone in the living room suddenly springs to life, emitting a jarring ring that echoes through the stillness of the house. This unexpected occurrence shocks Fleur to her core, as the telephone is typically reserved solely for emergency purposes. Overwhelmed by curiosity and a sense of urgency, she wastes no time in swiftly moving towards the telephone, determined to answer it promptly.

"Hello...? This is the Un Deuxième  residence, how may I help you?"  

 "Luvy... this is uncle, honey..."  

Upon hearing her uncle's distressed voice, she felt a twinge of anxiety creeping up inside her. Her intuition told her that something awful must have occurred, and she could sense it deep down in her core.

 "Uncle..?"

"I-it's m-mom..—" he broke down and started crying continuously before finishing his sentence.

"Grandma? what happened to grandma!? oh please! uncle answer me! please!"

After a considerable amount of time had passed, her uncle finally regained his composure and proceeded to recount what had transpired with meticulous specificity.

"Mom and I were at a restaurant, ordering some food before heading back home. However, to our shock, she suddenly experienced a heart attack. 

I immediately rushed her to the hospital, where she is currently in the ICU... The doctors are still running tests, and I am here anxiously waiting for the results..." 

Her entire being is overcome with a numbing sensation in response to the unexpected turn of events. As each passing moment elapses, her pulse quickens, leaving her in a state of utmost anxiety.

"I'm going to the hospital. No, wait, which hospital is it?"

"XQ hospital, call our driver and be careful "

he said, then he hung up on the telephone 

It took Fleur 15 minutes to reach her driver, and during each of those minutes, she had a small realization. She recognized how incompetent she was at handling things on her own and how much she relied on other people without being independent. She felt pathetic.