Cody 15

Saturday 7th February

"They've been talking for a while," Zeke whispered to Cody.

"It's only been a few minutes," replied Cody. "Your sense of time has gone."

"You're not worried at all?"

"I think you are over worrying." Cody flicked Zeke's forehead.

"I don't think that's a real phrase."

"Yes, it is."

"So, when are you going to tell him, if not tonight?" Zeke slumped his head on Cody's shoulder. Cody was unsure if Zeke was properly drunk or just tired or bored even.

"When I am ready," Cody said slowly. "I only got out of a relationship a month ago, and it is the same for Oliver. He's only now just sorting things out with his ex. Besides, I don't want to rush into another relationship like I usually do. I've actually liked this month being single."

"You must be really pent up, going from what you were doing to being celibate for a month."

Cody did not reply.

"So, how long of a wait then?" asked Zeke, yawning. "A week or so?"

Cody shrugged. "Until I feel ready and sorted myself out."

"How long does that take?"

"Don't know."

"What if Oliver finds someone else in that time while you're waiting to feel ready?"

"Then that's how it is. I'd rather wait and miss than mess it up."

"Aw, Cody," Zeke cooed. "You won't mess up."

"Ew gross, you're drooling on my shoulder-"

"I believe in you, my guy."

"Besides," continued Cody, attempting to shrug away Zeke, but he only collapsed onto this shoulder again. "I promised Darren that I would do ten dates before getting into a relationship and sleeping with them-"

"Ten!" Zeke gasped, startling nearby other customers before mellowing out immediately. "Darren doesn't know what he's talking about."

"Darren is married and has been with Sasha for over ten years."

"Darren just got fucking lucky, that's what. He's only been in one relationship ever; he doesn't have the secret formula, just fucking luck."

"I keep hearing my name," said Darren, sliding over to enter the conversation. "You two better not be shit-talking about me."

"Oh, no, of course not, Big D!" Zeke chuckled, slurring his words. He stumbled and wrapped his arms around Darren's neck, Cody finally free of him. "We only say the nicest things about you."

"I highly doubt that," groaned Darren, regretting this decision as Zeke drunkenly clung onto him, almost dragging him down to the floor with his entire body weight. "Let go of me, you fucking prick."

"Try to stand, Zeke," Cody suggested. "Otherwise, you'll get kicked out-"

Cody froze as a figure walked past the crowd.

"What's up?" Darren asked, seeing the concern on Cody's face.

"That guy," Cody said, motioning to a tall man with short dark hair.

"Ooh, hello, handsome," mumbled Zeke. "One of your past flames, Cody-Code?"

"He works with Oliver," explained Cody. "I think he might have a crush on him."

"What? Oliver has a crush on that guy!" Zeke gasped.

"No, the other way around," sighed Cody. "Anyway, I think he's been bothering Oliver. Oliver seems to try and avoid him whenever I go to pick him up from work."

"He's been bothering our Oliver?"

"Yeah, I think so. Oliver won't talk about it, though. Maybe Kara might know; if he's told anyone, it would be her."

"Well, looks like this guy has seen Oliver," mumbled Darren as they all watched the man freeze for a moment, then wade through the crowds with purpose towards the sofa area where Oliver and Adren were currently sitting.

Darren managed to manoeuvre Zeke back over to Cody whilst he went to grab Kara.

"This is your opportunity to make a big gesture," Zeke whispered though they were alone now.

"What?" Cody groaned as Zeke spoke directly into his ear.

"Oliver's ex and another love rival are right there, and Oliver needs saving!" said Zeke like it was obvious. "You beat them both up and then carry Oliver off into the sunset."

"It's already nighttime, though; the sun has already set," said Cody. "And I'm not beating anyone up."

"We could ask Darren to beat them up."

"Stop suggesting that I beat people up," said Darren, returning with Kara, Rheanna, and Sasha by his side. "I punched one person in my life, and now you think that's all I do."

"It was pretty cool, though."

Cody raised an eyebrow at Darren.

Darren muttered back, "kicking and tussling are different to punching; they don't count."

"Who did you say he was?" Kara asked Cody, craning her neck, only able to see the man arriving at the chairs where Oliver and Arden sat.

"Coworker of Oliver's," answered Cody. "Potential stalker, higher potential if he's here, surely can't be a coincidence, right?"

"Should we go over?" asked Sasha.

"I'll go," offered Darren. "I'm already technically barred from here, so if things get physical..."

"Let's just keep a distance," said Kara sternly. "Keep an eye on it and see if Oliver does need our help or not. He doesn't like it when he gets help without asking. And if he does need help, I'll go over there peacefully." She glared at Darren and Zeke, as Zeke was egging Darren on to punch someone. "And if things do get physical, then we get the bouncers."

"Ugh, you're starting to sound like Oliver," groaned Darren.

"Yeah, that is what he would do," said Cody.

"Someone has to take his role when he isn't present," said Kara. "Besides, Arden can be a dick sometimes, but he is certainly not a pushover."

"You can say that again," said Darren as they all watched Arden shoot out of his seat, squaring up to the man despite him being significantly taller, Arden only 5'7''. Even from where they stood, they heard the conversation grow louder and louder.

"I'm going to get the bouncer," said Cody. 

----------

Mr Brightside by The Killers

*sigh* Some motherfucker requested Mr Brightside again... Turns out it was Zeke who was bored and just wanted some chaos.