Food fight

The next day, I sat at school with my usual AP physics nerds.

Skye was using a spoon as a catapult to chuck peas into Soras mouth. Sabrina was flirting with Colleen. Emma was talking to Ivy, but Ivy was clearly more interested in texting her boyfriend, Harry. You could tell because she was smiling uncontrollably like an idiot and she was ignoring Emma.

I was playing with my food. I really wasn't hungry.

I was too busy watching Mrs Robinson. She was holding the list of students that were what the Duffer brothers thought had 'exceptional acting skills'. I thought if I looked hard enough, I could read it from far away.

Conan, however, didn't care at all. He snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Maxie, wake up! Come back from the Upside Down for a second. Did you hear anything I said?"

"Huh?" I said and focused back on him.

He slapped his forehead. "What I was saying is, I got asked out!"

"Mmhm." I said and stared back at Mrs Robinson.

"...it was so cute, you won't believe it..." Conan kept talking, but I wasn't listening.

She dropped the papers she was holding and kneeled to pick them up.

"...it was in the park where we met and he wore the clothes he was wearing the day we met..."

One paper remained on the ground. She just walked away. She barely noticed it.

"...he even got down on one knee and he was like "Conan Gilman, will you be my boyfriend for real?"..."

If I go grab it now, no one will notice.

"...so romantic right?" he finished, looking like he was in a dream.

"Yup. Super cute. I need a distraction." I said.

"Uhh what?" he raised an eyebrow.

I pointed at Robinsons paper with my eyes. He quickly understood and looked for a distraction. Then he looked at Skye and there was a glint of evil in his eyes

While Skye was aiming her twin brother again, Conan nudged her shoulder so she flung the pea too hard and it missed Sora and bounced off a wall then into a kids eye.

The kid picked up an egg salad and tossed it at Skye but her dodging skills were off the charts. Instead, it landed on the floor where band geek, Simon from slipped on it and threw his lunch tray about a mile into the sky. The tray landed on Jessica Alton, Adelaide High's queen bee.

Her boyfriend, Tristen McAddams, walked up to Simon, yanked him off the floor and made him stand straight. He then proceeded to dump half of his chocolate pudding on Simons head.

I knew that was the breaking point, because someone somewhere yelled "Food Fight!" and the cafeteria broke into chaos.

Conan is amazing.

I crawled under tables, trying to avoid ruining my white sweatshirt. Conan followed me. I got to the table closest to the paper but some kid kicked it away.

"Ugh." I groaned with frustration.

Conan furrowed his brows and searched the crowd. His eyes landed on a tall, hot blonde guy with a varsity jacket on. Hot blondie tossed a salad at one of his friends. I recognized him as Daniel Alcander, the only openly bisexual jock.

Conan whistled at Daniel which made him turn and look at us. More specifically, Conan.

Daniel smiled, blushed and waved. While he wasn't focused on the food fight, the contents of a tofu burger were thrown at his jacket. But Daniel didn't look away.

Conan pointed to the paper we were trying to get. Daniel understood and dove into the warzone. He came back seconds later with the paper in his hands.

"Here ya go." he kneeled under the table and handed the paper to Conan.

"Thanks." Conan said and kissed his cheek, which made him flushed.

--------------------------------

We managed to escape the cafeteria. We high fived and I looked at the paper in my hands. This is it.

My happy mood was ruined when I opened it.

It was blank.

"I- its b- b- blank.." I said, barely a whisper.

Conans eyes grew wide as saucers. "Lemme see that." he said and snatched the paper from my hands.

He turned it over and we saw that it was a letter. I looked at the two messy signitures at the bottom. I could make out two names.

"Ross....and um...." I narrowed my eyes to try and read the other signature.

Conan took the paper. "Ross and... Mall? Malt? Oh wait!" his face lit up like he finally knew all the answers. "Matt! Matt and Ross Duffer!"

I gasped and read the letter.

Dear Jillian Robinson,

Out of the 17 names you have given us, only 6 names have stood out for us:

Bronwyn Geraldine

Remington Tealy

Drea Corelli

Sahara Mohamad

Max Osman

Alyssa Domarn

We sincierly apologise to all the other students who didn't manage to make the list of potential actors. We encourage the other girls to keep trying and not let this get in the way of their potential acting careers. We will need each of these girls to contact us for final auditions that will take place next Wednesday. Please contact us for more information.

Email: mattandrossduffer@gmail.com

Cell: +1 --- --- ----

+1 --- --- ----

I almost dropped the paper I was holding. Holy shit. Holy shit. I have the Duffer brothers' phone numbers. There are 4.7 million people who would kill for what I have in my hands. Do I protect it with my life? Do I fight Conan for it? No. Not if Conan is happy for me. I looked at Conan.

He was uncontrollably smiling. "So? Did you get on the show?"

I nodded, still slightly dazed. He cheered and picked me up. He's 5 inches taller than me and picked me up with ease. "You did it!"

"Not exactly..." I said.

He stopped smiling and dropped me. "What do you mean?"

"I made the list of potentials..."

His smile returned to his face. "This is still good! No one's ever come this close!"

"...and I have their phone number."

"Wait, what!?" he looked completely blown away. "Let me see!" he took the paper again. "Oh. My. God. Hold on to this with your dear life!" he pushed it back into my hands.

--------------

A/N

Do ya like the story yet?