Through Sickness and Health pt2

No prompt for this'ne, I'm just crampin and I wanna write. Don't expect anything coherent.

When Maddox heard a groan from the bathroom, she knew what happened. Infrequent as they were, Jollie's periods sucked like nothing else.

She sighed through her nose as she picked up her laptop and set herself as unavailable on the discreet assassin-for-hire site she'd been working on for years.

"Mads..." Maddox heard her wife moan from the bathroom. She quickly stood from the bed and power-walked to the door, opening it without knocking. Jollie stopped knocking on the bathroom the moment she said yes, so Maddox had too.

"Jolls? You good in here?" She got a short grunt in response. Jollie was sitting on the toilet, legs spread and bloody pants and panties tossed in the bathtub to be soaked. She'd always bleed heavily, it's something she had since her miscarriage a year before she met Maddox. Maddox had only learned about it when Rebecca mentioned it in passing, but it didn't make her think any different of the love of her fucking life.

"Ya think I'm good?" Jollie snarked, gesturing to the bloody mess of her crotch. Maddox winced, stupid question.

"Sorry, baby. I'll go get some underwear and pants. You can reach the stuff right?" She asked, getting a short nod and moan from the woman.

Maddox rushed to the drawer, grabbing a pair of undies specifically for this time of the month, old dark stain on the red fabric. Then she got some sweats and made her way back to the bathroom.

Jollie had just finished with a tampon when she returned, and was reaching for the wet-wipes. Maddox grabbed them for her and kneeled in between her legs. As she wiped away the blood on her thighs, Jollie sighed, looking down at Maddox with that cramp-dazed gaze she got.

"I love you so much, Mads. Thank you for being here for me, I know this is probably a major turn-off," she said, barely over a whisper. Maddox gave her a smile, a genuine one that showed her stained teeth. She'd fallen off the deep-end before meeting Jollie, ignoring her personal hygiene in favor of her work.

"Of course, baby-girl, I love you too. Don't worry, nothing about you could ever be a turn-off," she got a little smile in response, before it turned into a grimace as another cramp hit her.

Maddox got Jollie up and into her undies, then pants, then helped her into bed. Then she jogged into the kitchen to heat up the hot water bottle they kept in the drawer. Jogging back to Jollie, she helped her wife sit up a little before slipping the bottle under the small of her back.

"C'mere, cuddles," Jollie mumbled, making grabby-hands at Maddox. "Hold on, baby, I gotta go get your pain-pills real quick."

Jollie groaned, but sighed when she pressed a kiss to her lips. Then Maddox went to grab her pills from the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. She came back to Jollie squeezing her eyes shut, a look of pain twisting her face.

A few minutes later, Maddox was hugging her wife to her chest, murmuring sweet nothings into the woman's ear as her pain finally faded into a dull ache.

"Thank you, babe, I love you," Jollie whispered into Maddox's breast, squeezing her weakly as she swam in a pain and medicine induced haze.

You're welcome, Jolls, I love you too," she murmured back, pressing a soft kiss to the top of her wife head.

Maddox knew that, with time, they'll both heal, one little kiss at a time.

Here, I'm back bishes. lol what bishes. I'm cramping, and now I'm only kinda cramping, so I wrapped this up so I can ignore Wattpad in favor of AO3, my new obsession. I love y'all, stay safe, use a condom if ya need to, and don't be afraid to stab in self defense. See ya, um... idk, someday, adios 👋