Chapter 1- What If We Traumatized Her?

~Lucy's POV~
I wake up and stretch at the sound of my alarm clock blaring at 5am. I turned it off and rolled over to say good morning to Tim, but he wasn't there. I got up from the bed and went to the kitchen to find him pouring some coffee in a cup.

He smiled when he saw me. I hugged his arm and kissed his shoulder. "What are you doing awake this early?"
He closed the coffee cup. "Grey has a special operation for Metro today so I need to be there at 5:30."

I smiled up at him and gave him a kiss. "Just be safe, ok?"
He smiled and deepened the kiss. Not long after Tamara came home.

Tim and I both stopped and looked at her as she walked in. Tamara just smiled awkwardly.
"Morning" she responded. "Did I interrupt something?"
Tim grabbed the coffee and his bag. "Nope, I was just leaving."
He gave me a smile before heading out the door.

Tamara looked at me. "So... how was your night?"
I laughed a bit. "It was fine. Why are you getting home right now? You were here when I went to bed."
She looked at me and hesitated to answer at first. "Uh yea, I was. Until I realized my music wasn't loud enough to drown out you and Tim's... 'fun-time'. So I called a friend and she let me crash at her place."

I didn't say anything at first because I was honestly just too stunned to even speak. "Oh um... I'm sorry. We will try and keep it down from now on..."
Tamara laughed a bit. "I'm gonna get ready for school." She left to her room and I soon after went to mine to get ready for work.

I got to the station and found Tim right before roll call began. He gave me a warm smile as soon as he saw me and we went right up to each other. "I'm surprised you're here on time, I figured I tired you out too much last night."

I blushed at his comment. "Actually... about last night. Tamara kinda... well-.. she basically said that we were so loud that her music couldn't even drown us out. That's why she came home at 5am. She stayed over at a friends house."

Tim kinda laughed at what I said and just shrugged a bit. "Hey, I mean, at least we had a good time right?"
I hit him on the shoulder. "Tim, really? Come on, I'm serious. What if we traumatized her?"
He just looked at me. "Lucy, she's an 18 year old girl who lived on the streets and lost both her parents. I think that's the least traumatic thing she's went through."
Before I could even say anything, Sargent Grey called us in for roll call.

After work, I got home to my apartment and found Tamara in her room, doing some school work. I knocked on the door and came in. "Hey, am I interrupting your schoolwork?"

She laughed a bit and closed her book. "Please, interrupt. College is hard."
I sat on the edge of her bed and cleared my throat. "So, I just thought that maybe since your 18 we should have a talk about, you know safe sex and birth control if you wanna start it."

She looked at me confused and just laughed a bit. "I'm good... trust me. But can we order some pizza?"
I laughed at her question. "Alright sure, what kind?"
"Pepperoni please." She replied.

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨