4. Fight the World.

Dear Lovelies,
Please vote, comment and follow for more.

Anvi stepped inside the gates of her college. Her family was here to settle her down and see her off. She turned to see her elder brother, Raghuveer Sinha, dragging her bag towards her hostel.

"Moti, pura ghar utha lai hai" " he complained while dragging her heavy bag.

"Anvi, I have packed dry food for you. It is in the red bag." Anvi's mother pointed towards a red bag on her brother's shoulder. "Close the lid tightly; otherwise, the food will get mouldy." Her mother's eyes were laden with worry, concern and doubt. "Baccha, are you sure you can stay alone?" Her mother voiced her concern.

"Malti, she is our sher puttar. Don't worry. Why don't you and Raghu look around the campus while I have a small Father-Daughter chat?" Avni's father suggested. The mother-son nodded and walked away.

Avni's father wrapped his arms around her and steered her towards a bench. Both of them sat while holding hands.

" Anvi beta, study hard and make us proud." Her father gave her hand a slight squeeze. "But while you are here, enjoy your college life as well. These are the days that you will never get back. So enjoy them, take risks, make mistakes, and make memories, but remember, don't do anything your 30-year-old will be ashamed of. And if you ever commit a mistake like that, come to me. I might slap you once or twice, but..." He cupped her face. " I will fight the world for you, bacche, the whole world."

Anvi could not contain her tears anymore. She hugged her father and sobbed hard in his chest.

"I love you" " she whispered while her father rolled her back.

"I knew you loved her more," Raghuveer said with an angry pout. Her mother was busy cherishing the moment.

Finally, it was time to leave. Anvi hugged her mother and her father. They kissed her forehead with teary eyes.

"Don't stress yourself, don't skip your meals, and if anyone harasses you, I am just one call away, okay?" Raghuveer said while hugging her.

She hummed in response.

"I will miss you", Raghuveer whispered while breaking the hug. He held her hand while caressing her palm. Tears rolled down her red cheeks.

"Aur sun, Mummy ko tu kachre ke dubbe se milli thi, kabhi mat bhulna..." He mocked her.

"Mummyyy..." Anvi whined while smacking his biceps. Everyone had a teary laugh at the end.

At night, she was sitting on her bed alone. Her roommate was yet to come. Although she tried to get into the same college as Sita, her rank was far better than Anvi's. She ended up in a different college. She was all alone. Although she pulled a brave face before her family, she was scared.

"Hey Bhole, you know right that I am here on a mission. I am scared." She choked on her tears. "What if I fail? What if I am still not worthy of Rudra at the end?" She folded her hands and closed her eyes. "I am not asking you to give him to me. I am asking you to stay by my side and give me the courage and strength to get what I want," She prayed silently.

At that very moment, her phone chimed, indicating an incoming message.

It was from Rudra. It read.

"May all your wishes come true. All the very best."