T-1 day

I brushed my long, wavy brown hair in the mirror and gazed into my golden brown orbs. Tomorrow, I am going to one of the most prestigious events of high school history; the world science fair (WSF) in California. Suddenly, I heard a scream from downstairs.

"COME DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW." It was my stepmom, because my dad was on a business trip in Belgium.

Her raised voice immediately filled my golden orbs with tears, but I headed downstairs.

"I am so glad you're leaving tomorrow. I hate having to take care of you. If it weren't for your father's money, I would have never stayed." she said.

I ran away crying and headed to my room to start packing.

bzz bzz

It was my best friend, Laura calling.

"Whazzapppppppp?" She screamed.

I wiped the leftover tears from my eyes and replied "Packing!!!"

"Cool, can I help you pack?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Okay, so you said the events were: pin exchange, opening ceremony, judging, dance, and awards?"

"Yes" I confirmed.

"Okay, so you want to pack a black blazer of course, a few of those summer dresses, button down shirt, pencil skirt, black athletic shorts, your science fair shirt, white crew socks, and white converse." she listed.

I nodded and ran to go get the clothes.

~~time skip~~

"Okay, all packed!!" I exclaimed.

"YESSS! Okay, get some rest girlie, you're going to need it to catch your flight!" she said.

*bleep*

I turned off the lights and climbed into bed.