A Thousand Years II

Changmin was standing in front of Kim Junsu who was shaking hands with a lot of people after he went down from the stage. His charismatic charm made people around him love him. His kind smile and his friendly attitude attract people like bees to flowers.

"Hi," Changmin said and he stretched his hand out for Junsu to reach. Junsu looked up his smile made Changmin's heart bloomed. "I just want to say...I admire you a lot."

"Thank you," Junsu laughed, and the music of it made Changmin wanted to sing. "And you..."

"Shim Changmin, a geneticist," Changmin introduced himself, grinning widely and shaking Junsu's hand nervously.

"Pleasure to meet you." Junsu said, and for a while their eyes bore into each other. "Ah, sorry!" Junsu blushed and quickly pulled his hand back. He rubbed the back of his head shyly while Changmin couldn't keep his eyes off Junsu. "I actually know you, Professor Shim Changmin-ssi."

"You did?"

"Yes, a geneticist, a very rare one here in our university. I admire your work a lot, because you see mathematicians love something that you geneticist do, expecting products with things that was precisely calculated beforehand."

"I understand."

"Glad you did."

"Maybe we have a lot in common." Changmin whispered in Junsu's ear and made the smaller man giggled. Changmin held out his hand and Junsu happily took it. Changmin brought Junsu outside and they continued talking out there without bothering about other guests that might find Junsu missing.

Meanwhile, Yunho was watching from afar. He stood, frozen as he saw Changmin flirted with Junsu using his manly charm to pull Junsu to his side. Junsu was a gullible person, as Yunho had heard before, but also as lovable. Yunho still held on his shot glass, unable to bring his eyes away from his best friend who dragged the excited Junsu away from the crowd. They looked so happy while talking. For a while, Yunho wondered if he ever made Changmin smiles that wide as how Junsu did when they only just met once.

"Let them be." Jaejoong touched Yunho's hand, just when Yunho felt like he'd been dragged away too by Changmin just by looking at him. He looked down at Jaejoong who was smiling at him, there was a knowing look upon his beautiful face. Yunho nodded and he laughed a bit.

"I don't know, Jaejoong." Yunho hooked his brows together and followed Jaejoong somewhere that would make him involved in social relations as Changmin and Junsu were having good time outside the hall. Yunho put down the glass and put his hand on his heart. There was an ache there.

"It's ridiculous." Yunho couldn't believe his ears when he heard when Changmin told him the breaking news about what happened that particular night. "You've got to be kidding me!"

"My work had paid off! All my life I've been searching for this golden formula, pouring all my heart and soul to this study and you said it's ridiculous?" Changmin screeched back. Yunho should be the one who's supporting him now after all this time. "Don't you want it?"

"No!" Yunho stepped a bit away from Changmin. Changmin watched him with tearful eyes, disbelief making him started to feel rejected. "You...you can't do this..."

"We can live together. We can live forever, Yunho-ah...I made this formula, if we...if we inject this to our veins, we can live forever!" Changmin held up a syringe, loaded with just 1 cc of yellowish liquid. Yunho backed away, and tears sprung into Changmin's eyes. "I thought you are with me!"

"I can't! What are you doing is insane. I can't do what you asked me to do!"

"I don't ask for more." Changmin threw the syringe onto the floor and jumped and grabbed Yunho's shoulders. Yunho looked into Changmin's eyes, they were red, bloodshot. Changmin's skin was cold, breaking into his own skin and Yunho could feel himself shaking violently in front of the younger man. "I did this for us."