chapter 5

spying 

spying 

The next morning Hyunjin came to the café shop, looking for the girl. He was going to prove Felix otherwise and make a move. He didn't buy anything and left almost immediately. She wasn't there.

After lunch, he did the same. He came in, behind the bar still the same person, obviously already annoyed with him for not going to buy anything, so Hyunjin left again. He wanted to meet her, he couldn't care less about her coworker.

When he came around 4 pm, she was finally there, standing behind the cash register, talking to some customer. Hyunjin walked in, standing in the line, hands in his pockets.

"Next!" The long-haired girl called out with a smile, Hyunjin taking a few steps forward to get closer to her. "Hyunjin? What do you want to order?" Izzy smiled at him, already making Hyunjin too stunned to speak. And there he was again, wondering that he might say something wrong.

"Uhm, latte, please," He answered, not taking his eyes off of her. She nodded. "Thanks, Izzy," He smiled back at her. "Oh, is Laska coming?"

"Ah, yeah, everyone should get here in a few minutes. I can't say she'll be happy to see you here though," Izzy chuckled and Hyunjin already couldn't stop thinking about how cute her laugh is. "Do you want it to-go or here?"

"I'll have it here, Laska has to live with the fact I also want to get a coffee," He answered, also chuckling. Izzy shook her head, quietly laughing as she put his coffee into the system.

After Hyunjin paid, he moved to a table for two. He was going to be there alone, but from that table, he had the best view.

Once his drink was ready, Izzy took it to him, sitting on the other chair on the other side of the table. "Here's your coffee," She smiled, moving it closer to him. None of her friends came yet and she was getting bored. "What are you doing?" She asked, trying to look.

"Drawing," he answered, hiding it right after.

"Can I see? I love art!" She smiled, her smile almost convincing him. Almost.

"No way, it's not even finished." He shook his head.

"Oh, c'mon! I heard your art is really good! Please?"

Astran, Tessa, Laska and Riley were walking to the café, not even opening the front door when Riley stopped them, turning around to face them. "Wait, we can't go in now. Izzy is talking to some boy!" She told them, actually making the others stop and look inside.

"Who is that?" Tessa asked, feeling like she had seen those hair before. "And what is he saying to make her laugh so much?" Her eyes widened seeing Izzy's genuine laugh.

"Oh, god," Laska whined. "Not him!" She sighed. "That is definitely my brother."

"What? Really?" Riley asked, shocked, taking a proper look at them. "She is right!"

"Who are we spying on?" A chuckle came from behind them, making Astran turn around, greeting Amy and Hana soon after.

"Izzy," Tessa answered, making space for the two of them to take a look too.

"And Hyunjin," Laska added, not sure how to feel about that situation.

"What are they doing together?" Hana asked, going to the door to go inside. She stopped, seeing them all not moving an inch, still looking their way. "Are you guys coming?"

"Oh, hell yeah, this is gonna be fun," Amy laughed, already preparing to tease Izzy about it. The two sisters walked inside of the café, the rest following them soon after. They sat at their usual table, watching Izzy still talk to Hyunjin, not noticing any of them.

"Ey, I think it's time for you to give us back our friend," Laska said towards Hyunjin, getting the attention of both of them.

"When did you come?" Izzy asked confusedly. "Whatever," she stood up, "your sister is calling, I gotta go." She smiled at Hyunjin, leaving his table to go sit with her friends. Before that, she looked around the café, making sure there wasn't anyone waiting for her to get to the cash register. 

"Do you- whatever, have fun." He stopped himself, realizing Laska has been staring at him this whole time. It probably wasn't the right time to flirt with one of her friends now. He also stood up, waving at them before walking out. There was no need for him to stay now if Laska and her friends got all of Izzy's attention.

"Okay, now, spill the tea," Tessa started when Izzy came to the table.

"Was he flirting a lot?" Amy joined in.

"I hope he wasn't," Laska commented, Riley nudging her shoulder right away, telling her to be happy for her friend. "But why my brother?"

"Hey, guys, chill out," Izzy laughed. "There's nothing between us, what are you talking about?"

"Yeah, right," Astran chuckled. "Once Robin comes she is gonna be pissed she missed this,"

"Oh hell yeah! Her fault for being late," Riley scoffed. "She is missing all the good stuff."

"I am telling y'all there is nothing going on," Izzy sighed, sitting beside them. "Change of topic, Hana has a meeting, doesn't she?" This time it was Izzy who was smirking, looking at Hana. Hana avoided her eye contact, looking out to see if Robin is anywhere close. 

Once Robin got into the café, apologizing for being late, they all sat at the table again, ready to hear what Hana has for them.

"Can you stop staring at me?" She asked, trying to pay as little attention to it as possible. "We agreed to meet here, apparently it's not far away from him. Saturday morning." She stated, turning her head to Isabel. "Do you think we could reserve this table or something? So we would know it's them?"

"Yeah, I'll make sure no one sits here," Izzy smiled at her, letting her continue.

"He is bringing four more friends, who wants to go?" No one answered right away. Astran's plan was to wait so he wouldn't be the first one asking to go, but when no one seemed to speak up he took the first place.

"I'll go, I have to check him out, remember?" Amy commented. "And Riley should go too, it was her idea after all."

"I don't need to if someone else wants," she said, looking at her friends. "Oh who am I kidding? Of course I want to go," she chuckled.

"Izzy? Are you coming?" Amy asked her best friend. Izzy looked at her friends, wondering if someone else wanted to go.

"You should come," Hana said. "You're my best friend after all," She smiled, Izzy nodding when she heard that, agreeing to go.

"Do you guys not mind?" Izzy asked, just in case.

"Not at all," Laska shook her head. "I can't on Saturday anyway."

"Me neither," Tessa said, assuring Izzy that it's okay.

"Then we're settled, right? What about you Robin?"

"I don't mind, you should definitely go." Izzy nodded when Robin answered.

"Okay, thank you guys, really." Hana muttered, causing Robin, who was sitting next to her, to hug her immediately. The others joined right away, laughing.

"I hope he realizes how great you are," Izzy smiled, still hugging Hana.