Chapter 5: Sweet Freedom

The scuffing of thick boots ring in the silent hallways.

Each in their own thoughts, each predicted their own outcome if people snitched, the addition to their sentences would be acute, but this will affect every single one of their plans.

and we can't have that

the clanking of chains and rattling of keys was the only thing between them and complete silence.

Not even Phoenix, she said nothing. I don't know if it was something Lolli said that got to her, if that's the case, that's new.

But if its about the Warden that's not a surprise.

The warden is ruthless when it comes to Sai and Phoenix.

So strict , so unsettling it's like they were being watched everywhere they went.

And honestly they know why, how they got into the pen was a mystery to their cell mates to the guards to the warden.

As long as they could remember they were in there, and with that common denominator they were nearly inseparable.

a Psychological Genius and a Psychopath

what a duo

Entering the threshold of the warden's office they all caught a sensation. Chilling at the spine the room was fairly large like the sleeping corridors box but larger.  The walls were dark, that's how you can tell the warden was ruthless. The desk was sleek and black big and intimidating. The wall held little to no pictures, on the desk was neat but full of paperwork. The only actual picture on it was a picture of a Man. He was smiling and he was side hugging a child seemed to be about the age of 13 but the mans face was cut out.

The windows had shutter blinds that let little to no sunlight in and at the ledge of those slightly open windows were half withered plants.

Sitting at the desk was a woman who had her hair in a messy bun. She had a work suit on. Her blazer was a charcoal black  blazer. It was buttoned just enough to show the lining of her dusty rose lace bra under. She wore the same charcoal black khakis with the same dusty rose color pumps.

On her hand she had a wedding ring on her left ring finger which complemented her stiletto dark gray and gold nails.

Upon entering the room she stared all four of them down, piercing them with her deep blue eyes. No expression is clear on her face, but one thing was for certain she was pissed.

"Well you sure look happy to see us" Phoenix chuckles trying to cut the tension in the room.

The warden snapped her gaze to Phoenix a scowl present on her face she clenched her right hand in a fist upwards on the desk

"Cut the B.S shortstack, I'm already pissed off" the warden growled in a hushed tone but the words were loud enough for everyone to hear. Her voice was a thick but velvet British accent.

"Whatever we're here for" Lolli interjected wide eyed and lip pouting

"i wasn't the one who started it, they were, they did all of it Im innocent" she rambled "I was just minding my own business" she continued in the midst of her rambling she didn't notice the warden retreat from her original spot behind the desk slowly walking up to Lolli eventually towering over her. Staring at her with her blue eyes.

The Warden grabbed Lolli's face, squeezing it hard. The tips of her pointy nails dug into Lolli pale porcelain skin.

"Shut up, or I'll throw you into solitary until your bones rot" she threatened in a whisper. She released Lolli's face and said inna surprisingly calm voice  "Go back to your corridor".