Just Go For It

Life is a mystery
People collide in the strangest ways
You and I have clashed in a flurry
Blending together like waves
________

Charlie's pov
I woke up the next day and stretched out hearing all sorts of pops. I sigh in content and flip back over in bed as the relaxation washes over me. Then I remember Wilhemina and I sit up quickly. I grab my phone faster than I can even comprehend and unlock it.

I saved her number after she left yesterday so I wouldn't lose it. I open the chat and stare at it for several minutes. What should I say? Well, I basically told her she was going on a date with me. Yet I haven't even planned anything yet, what an idiot. I decide to just go simple and then I'll start looking for places.

Wilhemina's pov
I groan as the sunlight momentarily blinds me. As soon as I open my eyes I see Winona staring at me with her big green eyes. "Well good morning, munchkin" I whisper, my nose scrunching a bit as she purrs. I pet her for a few minutes before hearing my phone buzz. I sigh and sit up, it better not be one of those dumbasses.

I can't imagine it's anyone else, though. So I pick up my phone rather aggressively as it's my day off. Once I open it up my expression quickly morphs into surprise. A smile spreads across my face as I read her text.

Good Morning! It's Charlie from the coffee shop. I hope you slept well <3 I was thinking of places to go and figured I should ask what you like...

My smile continues to grow as I believe more and more that she's as excited as I am. I realize I have to actually respond and I start overthinking on what to say. Relax, Wilhemina. Just act natural.

Good morning, I hope you slept well too. I like anything really but I guess Italian is nice

Good, just keep it simple and sweet. I'm tempted to sit and wait for her to respond but that feels tedious. I grab my cane and get up, going into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Gosh my hair is a mess. I grumble as I sit on the chair in front of the vanity. Gently running the brush through all the knots I acquired in my sleep.

Once I've freshened up, I exit and go back over to check my phone.

Sounds great! How about Daville's at 8?

Oh she's really quick, also that's my favorite place, kinda scary.

Ok

Should I have said more than that?

Lovely. I can pick you up if you want, or I can send the address if you feel more comfortable driving there

God how is she so thoughtful. It's like she manages to say and do all the right things without me having to tell her.

I think I'll drive there and you don't have to send it, Daville's is my favorite actually.

Perfect. I'm glad I picked a good place, I was kinda worried. I'll see you at 8 then 😉

Ok, no reason to be nervous. It's just dinner with a person I find incredibly attractive. What am I gonna wear? Should I leave my hair down? "Ok... just breathe. It's not that serious" I whisper to myself. Winona comes up and lays on my lap, nudging my hand with her head. "Hi, baby. I'm going out tonight so you have to be good, ok?" I ask and she meows softly.

I swear we have full-fledged conversations, I really have become the crazy cat lady. I shake myself away from my thoughts and decide to find something to eat. Once it's prepared I sit down and with a clear mind think about what I'll wear tonight. I can't come up with anything and I start to get anxious again so I try to distract myself.

I end up watching a few movies and reading a bit. By the time I glance to the clock it's 5pm so I ease myself off the couch. I enter my bedroom and head for the bathroom. I'm not dirty, obviously, but I think it might be good to take a bath just for relaxation purposes. I run the bath and grab some candles and oils.

I light the wicks and a mixture of lavender and bergamot fills the air. I pour in the oils consisting of lemongrass and rose. Sighing happily as the smells collide and instantly begin to relax me. I strip out of my clothes and slide into the bath, closing my eyes. "Hey Siri, set an alarm for 6pm" I call out and she replies saying it's done.

"Alexa, play Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saëns" I order. The music drifts through the atmosphere, elevating my calm state. My muscles release and I feel my spine slightly decompress. I almost moan from how good it feels to actually feel this much peace. Tortures eases its way to my ears and I smile softly.

This feels like a day to remember. I'm going on a date with someone I'm really starting to like. My back feels the greatest it's felt in years. Come to think of it, she never mentioned my cane or even looked at it. I'm certain she must've noticed it. I may be getting ahead of myself but she seems so perfect. Too perfect.