Can't Sleep Again?

k guys im really feeling the grind rn and this idea has been in my mind for a couple days now. if you guys have name recomendations for future chapter hmu 

The time was probably around 1 am. Luna has been sleeping for a couple hours already but I cant seem to rest at all. I was spending the weekend at her apartment because i just couldn't say in that college dorm one more night. It was cramped and my roommate was never even around for me to talk to. I was alone almost every night. I looked over at her, she was sleeping so comfortably, I always wondered what she was dreaming about. I stared at the ceiling trying to strain my eyes to the point I had to rest them. god nothing worked. honestly I would have rather shoved forks into my skin. this only happened more and more frequently.

I dont know if it was from my extreme work schedule or what but it was getting annoying. I couldn't fall asleep and even if I did its not like I would be able to stay asleep either. my girlfriend of 7 months was sleeping next to me as if it were no big deal at all and I was jealous of her ability to sleep whenever she needed to. although, she often volunteered at a hospital so it makes sense that shes so good at being able to sleep anywhere any time.

it was also scary how aware she was even while sleeping. shes the heaviest yet lightest sleeper ever. she hears everything and yet somehow nothing at all. i must say its very impressive.

"I know youre awake" luna mumbled, pulling the blankets up a little more. her black box-dyed hair was a mess. I was slightly startled by the fact she was awake and I tried to pretend like I was sleeping. I would hate to be the reason she woke up at night.

"grace..." she whispered, grabbing my hand under the covers. I looked over to her with tired eyes, she frowned at how I looked. 

I squeezed her hand gently. "go back to sleep my love"

I kissed her on the cheek, trying to ignore the feeling of exhaustion that was quickly consuming my body.

"come here" she put her arms out, allowing me to bring myself over to her side. she wrapped her arms around me, reaching her hands under my shirt. she was giving me a massage. it gave me chills -- the good kind of course.

"babe what are you doing?" I giggled softly, still whispering of course. I didn't want to be the reason we were both even more awake at this hour. she needed her rest.

"you can't sleep again huh?"

I nodded and rested my head on her chest. she was so warm. I relished of the feeling while being in her embrace. every part of my body seemed to relax. she hummed a quiet tune in my ear, it was her favorite song. although I was too tired to remember what it was. all I know that it's by Mac DeMarco. I looked at her face, she was starting to fall asleep again.

"I'm not sleeping" she spoke up, I smiled booping her nose. she opened her eyes softly and kissed me. my face began to heat up. she always made me flustered, everything she did had that effect on me. it was funny that such small actions were so calming to me. 

"what were you dreaming about?" I asked, hoping to get a peak into her brain. the room was dark, just like how we liked it. although even in the darkness of night I could still see her beauty. she always radiated some sort of glow. 

"you."

I tried to hide the massive grin on my face. "are you just telling me that or is it the truth?"

"well even when i'm unconscious youre still on my mind."

it was the same for me in all honesty. she was the first and last thing on my mind.

"whats your favorite thing about me?" I blurted out, expecting something simple like 'your eyes'

"I can't just pick one thing!" she ran her fingers down my spine in a slow linear motion, giving me butterflies. 

"If you had  to pick something then" I teased, moving one of my hands to the back of her neck.

"I can't pick one thing, that's mean. its all or nothing." she gently kissed my neck and stared at me with loving eyes. I adjusted myself so I was almost on top of her like a sloth clinging to a tree. she called me a sloth sometimes because I'm always slow to get moving.

"you're too cute" I closed my eyes with my head on her chest. I could hear her heartbeat slowing down ever so slightly. mine was too honestly. it was so relaxing I could melt. 

"thats all you darling"

thats my favorite nickname oh my lord

she ran her fingers through my hair, I was trying my best to stay awake for her because she wasn't sleeping yet either. I don't like it when she stays up with me this late because she gets tired very easily. 

"you can rest babe, I know how tired you are." her words were gentle and soft. they echoed in my ears and I heard symphonies every time she spoke. to normal people they'd say she sounded or looked intimidating but in actuality she's just a gentle heart throb. well, thats how she is for me at least. I nuzzled my nose into the crook of her neck, feeling her soft skin against mine. if I wasn't tired before than I surely am now. sleep finally consumed my mind and I was resting in the arms of my girlfriend.

***

I woke up the following morning still in her arms, she was sleeping peacefully too. I couldn't have wished for a better night. it was probably the best sleep I've had in weeks. I love her so much. she was my dream. 

on in that moment I was able to realize that she was and still is my dream.

she will always be the first and last thing I think about.

I love this so much. is based off of my fantasies? no... totally not

____

1040 words <3