005.

FORM FOR "EARTHBOUND" a roleplay by @lovtowne

"and when my time is up, will i have done enough? will they tell my story?"

𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌.
𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐮𝐠𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐧.

-⇝ BASIC INFO.

name - otterstream

prefix meaning - otter, for his brownish gray pelt

suffix meaning - stream, for his remarkable speed when swimming

nicknames - otter, grumpy gramps (do cats use the term "gramps"?)

sexuality - demiromantic asexual

sex & gender - male, male

rank - senior warrior

-⇝ APPEARANCE.

basic description - a gray furred tom-cat with undertones of brown and a scarred left eye

fur colors/length - thick, medium length gray fur with brown undertones

scars/wounds - his left eye was scratched on a branch when he was an apprentice and he can no longer see out of it, it left a nasty scar

scent - bog water?? idk what to put here

eye/skin color - green-yellow eyes, grayish skin

-⇝ PERSONALITY.

negative traits - snappish, stubborn, judgemental, prideful, hard on himself

positive traits - loyal, responsible, clever, brave

neutral traits - independent, incredible secret keeper, direct, resourceful

personality description - otterstream means well. it's something that is often missed about his character. he always has good intentions, but his actions don't come across that way. his pragmatic attitude often hurts those around him, as he will do anything to meet his goal, even if it means stepping on a few tails along the way, and refusing to be helped while he's at it. otterstream's disability has given his fellow cats an idea of him in their mind, that he is weaker because of it, that he can no longer manage things on his own, which in turn has only contributed to his stubborn independence.

refusing to accept help comes from a heart of pride and a desire to prove himself. he would never admit it to anyone, but since kithood, his dream has been to become a great warrior who would go down in history. to be the subject of the elder's stories he feasted upon in his youth. if anything, he sees his disability as an opportunity to prove his worth. what he has yet to realize is that no cat ever made it to greatness on their own.

likes - swimming, sunbathing, quiet reflection, genuine compliments, stories, exploring new territory

dislikes - large groups, dry fur, being treated as less-than, cold temperatures, authority figures, heights

-⇝ CLAN LIFE.

kithood - when he was a kit, otterstream was still starry-eyed an innocent. he loved to play make believe with his siblings, but his favorite thing of all was listening to the elders' stories of brave warriors.

apprenticeship - otterstream's apprenticeship started off quite well. he was apprenticed to a respected senior warrior and was showing great potential. in fact, he was doing so well that when the nursery was under attack, he was put in the group that was sent to defend it (idk what their natural predators are, maybe a heron? just gonna keep it vague for now) but in the midst of the chaos, he happened to trip and his left eye fell straight onto a jutting branch, nearly gouging it out of his head and rendering it completely useless. he was given an offer to join the elder's den prematurely or trade places with a doctor or guide's apprentice, but otterstream still held onto his warrior ambitions. although it was delayed by two moons during his and his mentor's recovery, and his adjusting to partial vision, he finally earned his warrior name.

warriorhood - due to his injury, otterstream is often seen as a weak link. he has not yet been given an apprentice, not that he really wants one, but to him it's the principle of the thing. however, much of his 'mistreatment' is all in his head. perhaps he is being held back somewhat, but he has proved time and again his worth to the clan. otterstream is shaping up to become just the cat he always wanted to be.

parents - copperswift (father) a kind, well-respected tom-cat with russet fur and green eyes, retired to elder's den. otterstream has a great deal of respect for his father but desires independence from him. ; poppysun (mother) a bold, fierce molly with thick gray fur and yellow eyes, senior warrior. otterstream worries about her often, that she is getting too old to be a warrior.

littermates - nightfern, a kind, bubbly molly with tortoiseshell fur and green eyes, warrior. was always otterstream's favorite cat, they're still close. ; havenmist, a spunky, bold molly with light gray fur and yellow eyes. very bossy, was always fighting with otterstream, they do not work well together.

other kin - had a grandfather, tortoisestone, who was the teller of many good tales, now deceased

-⇝ ROMANTIC LIFE.

crush/mate - none at the moment

past crushes - cypresseyes, thought it was mutual until she told him off for snapping at havenmist during their apprenticeship

likes in mate - outgoing personality, intentionality, kindness, gentleness

dislikes in mate - bossiness, arrogance, disrespect towards him, someone like him

-⇝ OTHER.

it's 1 am and this is my third day of traveling 8 hours so i'd like to sleep in my bed now.

fun facts - his personality is somewhat based on a human oc from my main wip. i was intending to mirror the backstory as well but it wouldn't really have worked.

goodnight.