season 4 episode 13

TRIGGER WARNING:

"We're gonna have a talk." They said.

They was dad, and Layla standing by. The talk happened in the living room. It went like this.

"I have...something to tell you all..." My father looked a bit lost. A but tired, but he'd been tired lately.

"Not another baby?" Chelsea groaned, Asher added on, "another 3?" And motioned to the playpen, the 3 of them arranged like anchovies.

"No, no. Nothing...Nothing like that."

Layla was on the couch with us, leading me to believe this was our father's announcement. Something big I presumed.

"I...I've been feeling a bit strange lately. I've been seeing a doctor, and I think you all deserve to know...I, " his voice broke, reminding me of Maddies in the dressing room. I'm sorry.

"I have...I've been diagnosed with cancer. I don't- I don't know a lot right now. But I know that treatment is a process. But we're gonna get through this, I promise. Really, I promise."

Miss Abby personally gave me the week off of dance, as long as I promised to come back next week. I heard she announced something on the lines of my dad being sick at pyramid.

I spent the week at the house, like everyone else did.

I woke up at 7am on Saturday morning, walking downstairs, seeing only my father up. He was sitting on the couch, in pajama pants and a t shirt, staring blankly at the wall.

"Is everything gonna be alright," I asked, curling myself up next to him. I looked up to him, desperately hoping he would say yes. Hoping he would promise it would get better. Hoping that was true.

Hoping that no matter what, everything would be okay.

"I hope so. I really, really do," he hugged me tightly, and I could feel tears on my face once again.

"I love you."

"I love you too."