chapter 33

I was awoke from my peaceful sleep, the only escape i had from this pain, by the buzzing of my phone on the nightstand.
"what?" I groaned grabbing it without checking the caller i.d.
"good morning to you too" i hear max say.
"max?" I ask.
"hey, how are you?"
"how did you get my number?"
"this is callums phone, how are you?"
"I'm... Okay, i guess, why are you calling?"
"it's callum" he says flatly, i start to panic.
"is he ok?" I ask quickly.
"i dunno, i came in to his room and he was doing something on his phone, it was your number he was deciding whether to call you or not, I'm worried about him, what happened with you two?"
"tell him that he can't waste his time on me, he needs to move on" i say tiredly.
"leia, he needs you"
"listen max, something has happened and he hurt me, i cant go back to him, I'm sorry, just make sure he doesn't waste time on me, ok?"
"he's not wasting time on you leia, what did he do?"
"I can't tell you"
"please?"
"imagine you broke your arm and the doctor said they would make you better, you trust them to do a good job, right?"
"right"
"okay, well all of a sudden, the doctor breaks it in another place, you wouldn't go back to that doctor, would you?"
"no, but you didn't break your arm and callum isn't a doctor that made it worse, what really happened?"
"I needed him and he did the opposite, i cant go back to him, please just give up"
"leia, he's wasting away, please just talk to him"
"max, im hanging up now" i say before ending the call, he calls me back.
"what?" I ask angrily.
"it wasn't his fault, i... Erm, i told my mum, he saw... His dad"
"you told him!?" I demand.
"yes, I'm sorry, but, she was in bits over my dad and he was lying to her, i couldn't stand by watching, please, I'm so sorry"
"max, do you realise what you've done? How did you even find out?"
"I heard him talking to his friend about it"
"max, i cant believe you did that"
"I know, but now you know it wasn't callum, it was me, please forgive him" he begs, i hear banging in the background and callum calling for his phone back, it hurts to hear his voice, so badly, but I cant give in.
"he still hurt me, give him his phone back, bye" i say hanging up and turning my phone off, i get ready for school, even though I'll probably leave early again.

"leia smith, outside please" the science teacher says angrily.
"good luck" atelier whispers as I stand up, i smile at her but it dissappears when I lock eyes with callum, he gives me a disapproving look that i ignore,
His friend nudges him and shows him some video on his phone, callum fakes a laugh but his friend doesn't notice.
"now" the bitch of a science teacher demands, i follow her out and lean against the wall lazily after not getting much sleep.
"what?" I demand angrily.
"what is going on? You were doing so well and now you've completely given up, i know it was hard seeing your father again but it isn't fair that your throwing your future away over him"
"you don't know shit about me, im not acting like myself because of my dad, it's personal shit that you don't need to know about, now can we go back in or do we have to go vlover the same stuff again?"
"your a lost cause aren't you?"
"yes" I say walking back into the room.

Everyone's eyes are on me but I ignore them and go back to my seat, the teacher comes back in, looking angry.
"okay, we need to get into groups to discuss the things you learnt on your trip last week, you'll be working with everyone at the table beside yours and your own, obviously" i look to my side and see callum and his friend niall eyeing us, i am about to protest but remember that ameilia has a crush on niall, somehow, so I restrain myself, the move to our table and the air goes thick with tension.
"so... What did we learn?" niall asks finally.
"plants and how they compete for sun, light and nutrients, and hoe they adapted to be the best at it" amelia says smiling at niall.
"why don't you just kiss him already?" callum grumbles, amelia looks at him with wide eyes and then to niall who's staring at her.
"what the fuck are you talking about?" I demand angry that he talked to my friend like that.
"instead of her being a whore she could just kiss him, like a normal girl" he snarls at me.
"she's a whore is she? Name one girl in this class you haven't slept with" i spit at him.
"well I can't put your name down, can I?"
"because your so perfect yourself, do you even know who told your mum that you saw your dad?"I spit earning a look of confusion from him.
"do you?"
"yes, as a matter of fact, i do" i say smirking with a raised eyebrow.
"who?" he growls standing up to tower over me, i stand up to face him, even though I'm still smaller than him, he stares into my eyes, they hold anger.
"why would I tell you?" I ask.
"because I've got plenty of knowledge about you, that you don't know anyone knowing about" he says smirking back.
"you wouldn't" my voice wobbles as a shudder runs down my spine, is he really threatening me with that?
"who told my mum?"
"you wouldn't tell anyone about me"
"hey amelia, do you know why leia acts like she's so hard?" he asks eyeing her.
"don't you fucking dare you bastard!" I shout at him.
"calm down you two" the science teacher calls.
"it's because, when she was litt-" i cut him off.
"it was max!" I shout.
"max?" he asks in surprise.
"yes, he heard you talking about it with a friend and told your mum because she was in bits" i admit defeated.
"and you weren't gonna fucking tell me!?" he demands.
"you were about to tell everyone about me!"
"and i will now" he says with an evil look in his eyes.
"callum please" I beg, he turns around to face amelia.
"the real reason that leia was off for a few days-" i cut him off by pushing him over, he stumbles but regains his balance.
"i cant believe you were about to tell her that, your sick!" I shout at him.
"i wouldn't really tell anyone Leia, i just-"
"then what? What would you tell her, you act as if you care but your just as bad as him!" I shout at him, he looks hurt as if he just realised what he has done.
"leia, i do care about you, i promise I wouldn't tell anyone" he says sincerely.
"i hate you callum"
"you don't mean that, leia, please just listen to me" he begs, everyone is now watching.
"fucking give up, i hate you, accept it and move on"
"leia-" i cut him off by slapping him, everyone gasps but I just storm out, luckily and slightly disappointingly he doesn't follow, i run out into the car park and fall to the ground crying hard in the rain, it's only morning so no one will be out, not that that would change my position, i stay there and cry my heart out.