Aval - Manimegalai

The hot and humid breeze flies through the area with the gliding sound of leaves that are trying to hold on to the branches like two lovers trying to hold on. But as the breeze gets stronger the unlucky ones are dropped to the ground to let it eaten slowly by their surroundings. Just like them, human life kinda falls apart cause of their own likeness.

As the sun started to go down as the evening comes right away giving a promising cool breeze that is much needed for the people who are currently experiencing the last few days of summer.

As a waving air that flows through a voyage without a destiny, lotus-like feet wandered around Veeranam Lake. Eyes like fish which are clouded with only one image, with the tired and fatigued body of the innocent rose of Kadambur, the youngest princess Manimegali wandered around trying to find her love. Her love who doesn't even know or care about her. A tried smile erupted on her lips when she saw the mandapam that standing through time. As she softly went near the walls where it reads small in the corner of the stone embark on the journey of many warriors who left for war from this place.

There it is, where she had scribbled on a stone quite a while ago, it reads Vaanar kula Veeran, tham manathai venra veeran'. A sad smile itched its way onto her pale lips, with a whimper she traced those words again and again and fell down as the fatigue and fever is taking up its way into her.

Her mind traced the first instants she saw him when he came to their home, and how she was hiding to get a glimpse of his face just to feel the ecstasy of love. How her brother always talked about his friend who is not only loyal but intelligent and very quick to resolve any problems along with having a heart of gold and a child. From that moment she knew that it was him and always be him. Even when her brother told her to forget about Vaanar kula veeran and marry the prince they will fix for her she couldn't do it! how could she!.

She smiled sadly at the thought of her being angry with him when the news circled about how her Vandiyadevan backstabbed her brother. All those moments when she knew that it's not who he is and would never do it but also was scared that she is overconfident with him and would get disappointed at the end.

But how she felt relieved after knowing the truth about him and meeting him in the cellar. Just one look and she knew that she needs to do something so that he will be freed from here and can live his life. Many asked her why to take the blame for some man. But to her he is not just any man, he is hers and she is his, even though he may never know.

The small time she spent with him is more than enough for her as it felt like she had lived her life purposes. As her eyes started to drop and her mind went still she felt someone before her. Her eyes opened to see and gasped, how it was possible.

'Why is my Mani being dull?' Her loves voice made her heart skip a beat

'Vandiyadevare?' Her fatigued face brightened up, he is here finally, after all this time.

'It's me, of course! who else would be here to be with my Mani other than me' He smiled and kissed her forehead, the action made Mani feel more alive than any other medicine she ever had. She wanted this to last forever and she would gladly take any hardship if his shoulder is ready to take her head.

'I am not feeling well Vandiyadevare, and I know my time here is not for long' Her words made her heart bleed. She wants to be with him and live her life to the fullest. But she is scared that it's all going to end fast.

'My silly Mani, How would you ever leave me? We are going to be one happy couple forever. You are not going that easily away from me' She smiled at his words but her head felt heavier and her vision is going black and dizzy again.