t w o

The full extent of Taehyun's agility was showcased as he, in what could only be described as gracefully, ran and leapt from rooftop to rooftop

Upon reaching the area near the extraction point, he paused before glancing behind him. There was a considerable distance between him and the other guards but he couldn't shake the feeling that she was right behind him.

"Damn it, Taehyun."

He softly scolded himself for allowing a person that he didn't even know to get inside his head. The sharp sting of the bullet wound on his arm brought him back to reality and he gritted his teeth a little as the adrenaline rush was starting to wear off.

Ignoring all the weird emotions swirling around inside of him, he wiped at his arm again before scaling down the building and turning to see the back of a sleek, black car not too far from him.

He quickly ran the remaining distance and opened the passenger door with his uninjured arm. Getting in, Taehyun immediately buckled up before squeezing his eyes shut and leaning his head back against the car seat.

Not waiting for an order from the older boy, Kai stepped on the gas and sped away from the scene. They stayed silent for a while, the only sound being the engine of the car.

At one point, Kai pressed harshly on the breaks. Taehyun's eyes immediately flicked open as he jolted forward. Had it not been for his seatbelt, he would've gone right into the windshield.

He turned his attention over to Kai with an incredulous look. The younger boy only stared straight ahead, a vexed look on his face. His index finger tapped continuously on the steering wheel as he tightly held onto it. He completely ignored Taehyun's presence.

"What the absolute FUCK was that, Kai?!"

Kai remained staring dead ahead, staying silent while poking his inner cheek with his tongue.

"We are stopped in the middle of the damn road, Kai! Dri — "

As Taehyun moved forward, the pain in his arm intensified and he couldn't even finish his sentence as he dropped back onto the seat while clutching onto his bleeding arm.

The younger boy's eyes briefly flickered toward his friend before he went back to focussing on the road and putting the car into park.

"You're getting blood on my seat."

Taehyun shot him a glare.