𝟎𝟏𝟐: 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐬

Mrs. Ness ended up having some kind of family emergency and had to take a leave of absence, so they had to bring in a substitute, Ms. Caldecott.

"As I mentioned yesterday, we will be holding a debate next week," Ms. Caldecott said. "Your subject, 'Did Charles I receive a fair trial?' The pros will represent the parliament who deemed they had sovereignty and the cones will represent the monarch and try and prove that the charge against him was not legal."

Elsie wrote it down.

Ms. Caldecott asked, "What is fascinating, Mr. Dugray?"

"Uh, nothing, Ms. Caldecott," Tristan replied.

Ms. Caldecott was in disbelief, "Nothing, Mr. Dugray?"

"My notes – my notes are fascinating, Ms. Caldecott," lied Tristan.

"Yes, they are fascinating, Mr. Dugray," Ms. Caldecott said sarcastically. "As I was saying, the pro and con teams will each have two minutes and thirty seconds for introductions, six minutes to debate, three minutes for conclusions and five minutes for questions from the audience. The winner shall be decided by a hand count from the rest of the class."

Elsie wrote it down.

Ms. Caldecott asked, "Does that sound like fun, Mr. Dugray?"

Tristan asked, "What?"

"The debate," Ms. Caldecott said. "Does it sound like fun?"

"Yes, it does," Tristan replied.

Ms. Caldecott said, "It does, doesn't it, Mr. Dugray?"

Elsie rolled her eyes, because why couldn't he pay attention?

"Oh, it absolutely does, Ms. Caldecott," Tristan replied.

Ms. Caldecott asked, "More fun than staring at Miss Rory Gilmore's ear?"

Elsie looked at Rory, who was fiddling with her ear out of embarrassment.

"Yes, Ms. Caldecott," Tristan replied.

"Yeah, I think so too," Ms. Caldecott stated. "Okay, any questions? Good, I'll assign your teams." She pointed, "You, you, you, you, you – con. You, you, you, you, you – pro."

Elsie frowned, who did she point to?

Paris whispered to Madeline, "Who did she point to?"

Madeline replied back.

Paris stood up, "Excuse me, Ms. Caldecott?"

"Miss Geller?" replied Ms. Caldecott.

"I wasn't sure who you pointed to just now," Paris said.

"Oh, uh, let's see," Ms. Caldecott replied, "You, Miss Lynn, Miss Grant, Miss Rory Gilmore and Miss Elsie Gilmore."

Paris asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am, but thank you for asking," Ms. Caldecott replied.

Paris sat down.

Well, that's just great, Elsie thought. She was glad that Paris was on her team, because Paris never gave up in a debate. However, she could've done without Madeline, Louise, and Rory.

After class, Elsie waited in the hall for Rory, Madeline, Louise, and Paris.

"So I guess we should make a plan," Rory stated.

Madeline asked, "To do what?"

That is why Elsie didn't want Madeline on her team.

"To work out our debate, Madeline," Paris stated.