Part 16

One week later:
The clock was 1am and I fell asleep very early but my phone woke me up by someone calling me.
"hi?" I said still half sleeping as I didn't even watch who the person was that was calling me.
"feliz cumpleaños, Milen" I heard a voice say. The only voice that I can recognise without hesitation.
"oh Pablo, it's you. Thank you" I said still with my eyes closed.
"you have this creepy thing to always wake me up, I have noticed" I said and I heard him laugh through the phone while I was smiling at how relaxing his voice is. I swear he could hypnotise me to fall asleep like that.
"well, I like to congratulate people in time"
"continue to talk, helps me to fall asleep better" I said more sleepy.
"how can someone be so in love with sleeping." He said and gave me a little laugher.
"I love no one like sleep, honestly"
"alright, sleeping beauty. What I wanted to say I said so goodnight. I'll see you later today" he said and I said goodbye and hang up as I fell asleep directly

"Happy birthday, sweetheart" my mom said and came in with dad and breakfast for me. It was the official day where I'am 18 now.
"oh, thank you but you didn't have to do this all. I'm not a kid anymore" I said and they both laughed.
"yep, you are now an adult" my dad said to me and smiled.
I started to eat my breakfast because I needed soon to go to the drive license test I had today.
"we have a gift for you." My mom said and smiled.
"but no presents? Remember?" I said
"yeah, buuut you only turn 18 once in your life sooo" my mom said.
After I was done eating they wanted to take me out to our garage since the gift was out there.
"let me close your eyes" my mom said and I closed them and she held with her hands so I wouldn't see. She navigated me to what I assume must be garage.
"3...2...1... open your eyes" my dad screamed and when I opened them I got totally shocked. My parents have known what my favourite car is so they bought one to me for my birthday!

*(the car that I imagined her getting from her parents)*

"mom...dad...I literally have no words" I said with my hands on my mouth still the same shocked face.
"you deserve this and more" my dad said while hugging my mom. I went to them and hugged hardly with tears dropping on my face. This may be very dramatic but I was just very happy.
"thank you so so much. I can't tell you with words how happy I am right now" I said with a huge smile on my face.
"that's the only thing we ask you in return" my mom said and I looked back at the car. My car for now.
I wiped away my tears and said:
"well now the only thing I'am missing is my driver license" laughing while saying that my parents started to laugh to.
"let's go eat the cake now" my mom said and we went back to the kitchen.

I got dressed and went to the place I was going to have my test. My hands were shaking from the nervousness I had.
"Hello, you must be Milena, right?" A girl asked me when I stepped inside and I said yes. She led me to a room where I signed a couple of papers. Right after that it was time for me to go to the car and start.

After one hour of driving, a little bit all over in Barcelona I was waiting for the answer a couple of minutes. The girl that I met first was the one that told the test from me.
"Hi, I'm back. Congratulations you have a driver license now." She said and I didn't give any 'crazy' reactions just smiled a lot and thanked her. Since the driver license card itself wasn't done yet I got an email saying that I had done the test in cases police would stop me and ask.
I directly messaged mom and dad that I was done and then called Bella.
"hello, birthday girl" she said when she picked up the phone.
"happy birthday" she also said
"thank youuu. Guess what? I have my driver license now" I said and she screamed through the phone congratulating me and I laughed at how she was more excited for me then myself.
"time to throw a real party now since your 18" she said and I just agreed.
"when are you coming over to mine?" I asked
"I have a client meeting like in 10 minutes. When I'm done I'll be there" she said and we hang up after that.
I went home directly and since I said I was going out with friends today my mom and dad weren't home either. They wanted to stay home but there was no point on staying home if I wasn't home either.
Todays plan was to go out with Ferran and Sira, Mikky and Frenkie, Pablo and pedri plus Bella. We were going to an restaurant they chose. Not only because it's my birthday but also because we wanted to meet up again.
Before going to the shower and getting ready I decided to do some homework. It was still much time left so I needed to do something either way.