𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

"She's waking up." a voice said coldly.

"Fucking finally." another one said.

I groaned as my eyes finally opened and I blinked at my surroundings. Slowly, I slid my gaze to the two men sitting before me.

"Where the fuck am I?" I asked, my voice shaking slightly as I realized how desperately dry my throat was. I was lying on the floor, in a dark room with two men and that was all I knew.

"My humble abode," one of the men said, and I looked at him. I started as I realized who it was. Ezra- Oh. I stared at him as I recollected what had happened at the restaurant.

He watched me carefully. "Do you remember what happened last night?"

"Not at all," I said sarcastically, "I suffered serious brain damage when you knocked me out and now I can't even remember my own name."

I turned to the other person in the room, who I identified immediately as Adair. Ezra's older brother.

"Hello, Aidar," I said sweetly, "Long time no see."

He frowned and took his cigarette out. "Your plaything knows my name," he said accusingly to Ezra.

"How do you know his name?" Ezra said and was suddenly in front of me. His hands wrapped around my throat as he pressed me against the wall, "Who the fuck do you work for?"

I gasped for air as I cursed at him. "Fucking nobody, you psychopath."

He pressed harder on my windpipe. "Yes you fucking do, you stupid piece of shit. How the fuck else would you know who he is?"

I was gasping desperately for air, so he stopped choking me to let me speak. "Because I'm your ex fucking girlfriend, you dumbass." I snarled at him.

He slapped me in the face and I swore at the impact. "Nice try, whore. I would remember you if you were."

"No, you fucking wouldn't. Because we dated in middle school, and you dated about every girl in the school during that time."

He paused at that and tilted his head at his brother, who walked forward to assess me. After a momentary pause, he nodded.

"I remember her." he said, his expression void of emotion, "You brought her home during 7th grade, she was the 9th girl. You lasted for 2 and a half weeks."

Ezra stared at him for a moment before turning to look at me. He quickly let me go and cursed.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me before? You're the one with Einstein's fucking memory, you should have-"

"I didn't recall before," Aidar said calmly, "it was after she mentioned middle school that I had a recollection of her."

He glanced at me. "Kill her if you would like. I don't care. Deal with her in whatever way you think is appropriate."

And with that, Aidar was gone.

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Ezra asked, "About us being exes. Could we even consider each other exes? That shit was so stupid. If I called every girl I 'dated' back then my ex, I would have about a thousand exes."

"I consider you my ex," I said dryly, "You can do whatever the fuck you want."

He glowered at me in response. "Do you want a fucking life or not?"

I considered him for a second. "No."

He smiled cruelly, "Liar."

"I'm not lying."