The Bright and Dark Moon

Authors p.o.v.

(11:27 pm)

Sonic was fighting with some G.U.N. bots in an alleyway. What a late time to fight..

As he was trying to fight off some bots up front, one was trying to hit him from behind as he turned around. Sonic covered him with his arms for protection, till a chaos spear apeared from behind him.

Shadow was on some building rooftop and attacked from up there.

"Great save Shadow!" Sonic said as he gave him his signature thumbs up and a smile. Shadow scoffed at his actions and jumped down to him.

"You should have hit them. Stop being pathetic." He said as he walked away deeper into the alleyway.

"Where do you think your going?" He followed him with his hands behind his back. "None of your business hedgehog." Shadow said as he grabbed his chaos emerald and was about to chaos control to somewhere else where.

"Wait--" He grabbed a hold of his arm and chaos controlled with him. The two appeared in on a cliff with a wonderful view of the city and the 'two' moons.

Up in the sky was the moon which still had cut on the left upper corner because of Eggman and the space colony ark.

Where Shadow grew and was formed.

He looked at the wonderful gaze of station square and the whole city. Lights everywhere, and stars up there.

"Wow Shadow, I didn't think you could come up with great visiting places too!" He said happily and he placed an shoulder on Shadow's.

Shadow just had an annoyed face and they both sat down on the cliff together. There was silence between the two hedgehogs and Shadow soon broke the silence as he spoke up.

"The moon looks dazzling does it?" He asked and had a small smile on his face. Sonic was shocked to see the ultimate life form smiling.

Sonic looked at him quite shocked and smiled right after and decided to look up into the sky instead down into the city.

"Which one?" Sonic asked and kept a small soft smile on his face.

Shadow did not answer Sonic's question. But instead turned his head to the left which where the space colony ark was.

There was silence between the two again. And this time Sonic broke the silence with question that quite made Shadow go emotional.

"Shadow.. Do you still remember the memories you had with Maria.. Up there.." He asked and looked at the ark instead of the actual moon.

No answer. He looked down. A liquid-like substance slid out from his eyes sliding down through his muzzle. He wiped it away and looked back up.

"What else do you think?" He responded to his question and his smile faded away. Sonic looked at him and was quite confused for a few seconds till he finally knew what his answer meant.

"Oh.. I'm taking that as a yes.." He said and looked at Shadow. Tears rolling down his muzzle.

Sonic looked at him stunned and frowned. He moved himself closer to wipe away his tears.

"Shadow don't cry, I'm sure Maria is looking down at you very happy right now. I'm sorry if that question offended you. I didn't mean to offend you in the first place Shadow, I'm sorry.."

He said as he hugged Shadow tight. Shadow couldn't help it anymore but burst into tears.

Sonic just comforted him all night long while looking at the dark and bright moon.

Shadow didn't deserve that traumatic scene that has happened in his past.

He suffered from a lot pain from his past and he deserved none of that.

All he wanted was just a friend.

And then Sonic was there.

Shadow wiped his tears away and looked at the 'dark' moon again which was the ark. He called it that because he had a dark past from it.

But you have to agree, it was a wonderful sight-seeing thing you can't see everyday.

The two broke the hug soon after and tried to watch not just over that city, but also at the two moons that had such dark pasts and bright happenings.

~Fin.

~~~~~

Inspired by the Sonic x Shadow cover story by the official Sonic channel.

I'll soon make a story with chapters, I promise :))