Chapter 63

Adira Muntahina

It was almost time to leave. Nanny and others were having evening tea. Everything went well.

Afsana went to help Maira when I took the chance and went to the rooftop. I had a gut feeling that he would be there. And he was there.
I closed the rooftop door quietly. He knew it was me but still didn't look back.

His back was facing me. The silent wind waves hitting us.

"Why are you here?" His voice felt like medicine, my soulless body felt alive again.

"I.i." words got stuck in my throat. He sighed and dropped his shoulder. His body slowly turned to my way. He was now wearing a black shirt with blue jeans. When did he change his clothes?

"I will leave." He didn't even look into my eyes. I quickly stood before him blocking his way.

"You came here on your wish but you can go on my wish." I said and looked straight in his eyes. But I think he didn't take me seriously. He just shook his head and walked past me.

I rolled and grabbed his arm. Used my every strength to stop him and pulled him to me. He got unstable but balanced himself quickly.
"Don't you listen to what I just said?" I was getting mad. Okay I was wrong, scold me, but no he gently pushed me away and made distance between us.

"I listened and obeying it." He said coldly.

He again turned around and started walking. I was so desperate to stop him that I ran and wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him from behind. I pressed my whole body and tightened the grip.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think before saying those. It was all new to me. The sudden change is scaring me. So, I blasted out on you. Please stop giving me the cold shoulder." I was bubbling on his back. My face was pressed on him.

My heart was beating fast, and I could feel his heart beating too. It wasn't beating any less than me. I was calculating who's heart was beating fast.

When he gently held my hands and removed them. I didn't let him. I jolted his hands wrapped around him again.

"No." I sound like a kid. "You will walk away." I said in a whisper. I bet he didn't hear it but he did.

"Adira…" his voice was soft. I hummed. "Are you afraid of me?" I shook my head. "Words Adira." He ordered but still didn't.
"No."

"Then why do you get scared?"

I licked my lips.

"Because it was going too fast. You kissed me…I got lots of thoughts in my head. It wasn't what you would do normally–" Eshaan freed himself from me and turned around. I hung my head and dropped my arms beside me.

"Normally.." he asked. I breathe out.

I built a lot of courage and looked up. "Would you have kissed me romantically? It was clearly a jealous kiss. You were jealous of what..I don't know." I said and he didn't show any reaction.

"I just want to say, let's start it slowly. Know each other and spend time with each other." I said softly.

"If that's what you want, then do it." He said after some time.

I slowly smiled at him. Took one step back and held my hand out for him. "As-salamu alaykum, I'm Adira Muntahina, 21 and currently completing my MBBS. May I know your identity?" I said sweetly and chuckled in the end.

He chortled and held my hand for a shake.

"Wa Alaykum As-salam, It's a pleasure to meet you. Myself, Eshaan Ghafoor. I'm  four years older than you. As for education qualification, I have completed my MBBS and am looking for a job. I hope you don't mind jobless people." When he finished I laughed with him.

"If that jobless person is you, I don't mind." I flirted back and smiled.

"Well, now I want to be an idle man for my whole life."

"But I also like a hard working man." I said and smirked. He let my hand cross his arms. "What else do you like about man?"

"I like when a man is strong and healthy. He should forget about himself while taking care of others. I want a man who can respect me and also sometimes tease me." I added some spice.

"Hmm..more." He was listening to me attentively. "He has to be wise and honest. I'm not going to deal with a cheater." I was warning him .

"Never." I smiled at his response.

"Do you think it is easy to find a man who has those qualities?" I asked him. He tapped his chin a few times. "Well, I know someone with those qualities. But he has few things he wants in a woman."

"What is that?"

Eshaan took steps towards me. He stood right before me. I lifted my head to meet his gaze.

"His girl has to trust him. He doesn't want her to change one bit for him. Kind and warm hearted." He blushes his fingers on my cheeks.
My cheeks turned pink.

I pulled my phone out and opened it. Went to my contact list and turned it in to him.

"Can I have your number? You interested me very much." He giggled and took my phone. Went to his contact info.

"Unblock yourself." I whispered and kept looking at him.

He unblocked himself and gave me the phone. I looked at the time, it was very late.

"Oh shit! I have to go." I quickly walked past him and opened the door but stopped.

After a minute of fighting inside me, I breathed out hard. Closed the door again and turned to a very confused Eshaan.

"What happened, Adira?" He asked and I walked to him without breaking eye contact.

When I was almost close enough.

"You know Eshaan, my mom used to say that we should leave a good start with a sweet touch. Never leave it uncertain." I said it in a very deep voice. He was looking at my eyes.

I slowly raised my hand and cupped his face and pulled him down.

"Wouldn't it scare you?" He asked but his lips were brushing on my cheek.
"Now, I don't. I want to but I don't know how." I almost left his head when he slid his hands in my neck and grabbed me and pulled me closer.

"I'm not sorry for this." He said and crashed his lips over mine.

_________________________________