I have to get rid of him

"Heyyy!" three heads turned to me as I pushed the roof door open. Chishiya stared, Kuina smiled, and another man eyed me in confusion.

"Great timing, Neiru!" Kuina waved me over to her while Chishiya resumed the conversation. The two men talked quietly, Shuntaro kept talking to him. It reminded me of the moment he talked to me when we were standing on that roof.

"What will this be when it's done?" I asked Kuina, biting into my white bread and making a face. Why did my food taste like dust? "We're in the process of putting the plan into action," she whispered to me, and I nodded slightly. "I thought they were already convinced?" I stared at my bread and in a moment threw it off the roof. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to keep eating it, even if I was still hungry.

"Yes and no. We lured them, now we must persuade the two," she said, and I watched as Chishiya grinned contentedly. Apparently, he had achieved what he had striven for.

"So, this is Arisu," Kuina nodded, and I continued, "He looks strong." "Yes, he is," she said, "I've played with him before. He's frighteningly smart," she replied, "He is perfect for our plan."

I could imagine that perfectly. However, I was a little worried about what Chishiya had planned exactly. It somehow didn't seem like he cared whether his new victim was thrown into the lion's cage or not.

However, I kept my mouth shut and just smiled as the two approached us. "Hey Arisu!" I greeted him, "I'm Shiraishi Neiru." He bowed slightly; I could see the confusion in his eyes. "Arisu Ryohei," he murmured, and I nodded. The man ducked his head and disappeared back inside through the door. We watched him go.

"Like a pious lamb," Chishiya said and grinned slightly, Kuina rolled her eyes, waved at us, and then disappeared as well. We were alone.

"Welcome in the executive, number 10" was the first thing he said, and I made a face. "Believe me, I could have gone my way without it... A normal room somewhere in the middle of nowhere would have been enough for me," I murmured, "I think Niragi should be having a crying fit right now when he finds out that I'm also in his beloved executive."

He grinned. "Oh, he'll certainly be mad," he said, "It's a spectacle." "A spectacle that is starting to degenerate," I added, "I assume you've stopped by my old room before?" He nodded slightly; a wrinkle appeared on his forehead.

"Well... We're lucky that you weren't lying in your bed," he said, "Otherwise, not only the furniture would be missing now... He would have chopped you into thousand pieces." I slapped his shoulder in mock anger and he grinned slightly while we shuffled towards the door together. "But I'm serious. Somehow, I have the feeling that everything is going out of control," I stopped briefly, "Shuntaro?" He turned to me and studied my tense posture. "Do you think even Aguni will turn away from me?" I asked and he seemed to consider. "I don't know. But something was going on behind our backs, I'm sure of it," he said what I had also been thinking about. It concerned me a little, though not much.

"Damn," I mumbled and started walking again. He held the door open while we entered the stairwell together. "I have to figure out how to regain control again, it's driving me mad," Chishiya grinned again, knowing he was about to say something dirty in return.

"I didn't expect less from you. You're always mad as hell, remember?"

Okay, the comment was not that bad. I stuck my tongue out and hopped down the stairs, he was following me a little slower.

On the top floor we walked down the long hallway, Chishiya guided me to the conference room, even though I had been there several times. I knew that there was no meeting now, just an exchange round, to which I was invited.

We opened the double doors, he went in first, I followed him after a moment's hesitation. I immediately felt several eyes sizing me up, including Aguni and Mira. The woman grinned at me, and goosebumps formed. I shuddered. I didn't want to put Chishiya into a tight spot, that's why I leaned against a wall and took in the atmosphere.

"Shiraishi Neiru, right?", a young woman stood next to me, and I turned my head slightly. She wore shorts, a white top and sunglasses, her hair was styled in a sassy hairstyle. "Yes," I replied, smiling briefly as I caught a glimpse of her bracelet.

6

Now I remembered who she was. It was Ann Rizuna. She had been there when I went on a supply tour with Chishiya. "Welcome to the executive branch," she greeted me, and I smiled again. "Thanks...I'd rather not be here though," I mumbled, and she removed her sunglasses. "Understandable. If Niragi's looks could kill, you would be just a heap of misery now," she said, and my gaze automatically slid to the young man.

Ann was right, he gave me a piercing stare. There was something dangerous about his eyes, like he was a predator, and I was his prey.

"You should know that I won't let go of my prey once I've spotted it..."

Right, he said that to me once when we met for the second time. However, I guess that sentence had another meaning at the time. His actions were now filled with hatred, which made him even more dangerous.

"Yup, I guess I messed it up," I mumbled again, "He's practically just waiting to maul me. I have to get rid of him." She chuckled and then put her hand on my shoulder.

"You can do it, Shiraishi. I was deeply impressed by what you showed us," she encouraged me before pushing off the wall and walking away.

The double doors opened again, and this time Hatter entered.

"Guys!" he exclaimed, "It's nice that you're here!" I just couldn't get used to his outfit. In my eyes he would always be a parrot. But in fact, all the attention was focused on him, and the talks were stopped.

"You know, right? The time has come! Tomorrow evening, I will have to renew my visa. Who will accompany me?"

Unobtrusively, my gaze slid to Chishiya. He looked me in the eyes and in that moment, I knew that Beach's days were numbered.

My theory was confirmed when Aguni and Niragi raised their hands.

It's no question that the military would seize power.

Suddenly I was between the two possibilities and had to make a decision.

What should I choose?

Right or power?