Ⅰ. Their Retribution is Served.

YOUR GREIF TRIGGERS MINE, AND SO,
LIKE A BUTTERFLY, YOU MUST SOAR.

In the midst of Rain, She's Undefeated.
CHAPTER ONE. BUNGO STRAY DOGS.

She knew every requirement. Every single nook and cranny of information on what it meant to become a private investigator. This was her very dream of success, ever since she was a young child you see?

No amount of family shame, money, or status could change her seemingly "childish" views.

After graduating at the top of her class in her last year of college at nineteen years old, Sarai Deveaux thought she was invincible, a woman on top of the world, but I mean—who wouldn't?

Her intelligence was a natural gift.

A very beautiful one.

A mere stray dog knew better than to mess with someone as fierce as he was. In this day in age, the supernatural or famously known as abilities were coming forth in random people around the world.

With these great powers, there are always wicked intentions that lurk behind them.

Now taking residence in Manhattan, New York City—Sarai was invited to attend and work for one of the most renowned agencies in America. That's really why she was so eager and overly ambitious to start her new job, to get on cases that could actively challenge her brain.

It is through the trials and tribulations of challenge that she feels her talent excels the most.

Putting away shameless criminals and saving humanity made a huge difference in her eyes, that same amount of fire and passion sprouted from the new job opportunity.

But unfortunately, whenever tremendous conquest is achieved, here comes the series of failures that lie ahead.