Chapter 13

Two years pass and Inosuke is three years old.

Douma smiles as he watches his son run up to him, he takes off his sovereign hat and puts it on his too-small head.

"TOU-SAN!!" He laughs as he sees Inosuke look up at him with his hat lifted enough for him to see his brilliant green eyes, a pout on his face, and cheeks puffed out. Douma picks up his son and starts walking with him.

Inosuke however makes it clear that isn't all he wants from his father.

Douma always sees it coming now and actually stops Inosuke from smacking his head into his chin. His palm is flat on his temple and Douma laughs at the frown on his face.

"Come on, don't do that. Didn't your mother say that's rude?" Douma questions and he sees Inosuke look down as they continue their way down the hallway.

His son mumbles something under his breath and Douma lifts him higher to his eye level.

"What was that my little boar?" His eyes trained on every little detail of his son.

Every day, he is changing and it hurts him to think he is growing old when he is static. Same with his love Kotoha but what can he do but wait for their decision to leave the sun and become a demon?

Not now but perhaps sooner rather than later.

He would hate for Inosuke to be mistaken as his older friend than his son.

His son shyly looks over at him and answers slowly.

"But you're Tou-san and you can take it." Oh, how his vocabulary has expanded in this past year alone but Douma loved to tease.

"And why is that?" He pokes his squishy cheek and he receives a smile.

"BECAUSE INOSUKE LOVES PAPA!!!"

Douma lets out a hearty laugh and Inosuke blinks as Douma gently gives the action he is usually the receiving end of. His forehead barely moves his son's chin before he kisses his cheek and hugs him closer.

"And Papa loves you too."

Douma smells the air and can tell dinner is ready. Kotoha must have thought Inosuke was a good boy today cause the air was thick with the smell of tempura.

"Come let's go see your mother."

Inosuke nods and wraps his small arms around his father as they make their way to the dining hall.
LAST CHAPTER BUT NOT THE END OF THE ROAD
ILL BE POSTING THE SEQUEL HERE ON WATTPAD IN A BIT BUT REMEMBER THESE STORIES ARE ALL ON ARCHIVEOFOUROWN