CH 1: WHY DO WE HAVE TO MOVE

I hate moving but Aunt Veronica has this crazy new job in Edinburgh, Scotland. Abnus Designs called two weeks ago to inform my aunt that she got the job. The worst part is that Im sitting on the kitchen bar waiting for her while sipping some tequila mixed with vodka by 5 in the morning. I mean how can a 15-year-old wake up by 4:00 am, take a bath, dress up and the worst part my bags have been packed since last week?

In my immense anger I storm up the stairs and start to bang on her door screaming Veronica Luther can you hurry up? Its not as if you are going on a date with the pilot I say with only a drop of my anger.

I think I smell alcohol in your words, what did you drink this morning let me guess tequila and vodka at your age. I cannot dare such poison. My caring Aunt told me off about my drinking once a week.

Well, who taught me to drink? YOU! Moreover, today is my only drink day in the fortnight. Now you can only say the student has become the master. Oh, and you have 30 minutes to get into the kitchen where I will brew you a cup of tea and make breakfast. I say while going down the stairs and setting the timer on my phone.

I always cook with music so I play the only song that can get my Aunt down by the chorus like the bad child that I am.

Veronica open the door please; Veronica open the door. Veronica you know we cant fight any more please, you know we cant fight anymore. Veronica yeah I know youre in there and I and I can set you free. I sing like a Maniac while putting my bread rolls in the air fryer.

Veronica dont let me come in there cause Im gonna count to three. My Aunt slides down the rails finishing the chorus as always.

Sometimes I hate her but I always remember that she adopted me after the demise of my Dad. My mom I dont know where the fuck she is.

Thank Gawd you are done; the food will be ready in 5 min can you take it out while I go upstairs to get my MIHOO mask ok, I tell Aunt Vee what to do and then go upstairs.

I need to get my boxing and MMA bags. Boxing is the best sport for teen girls to learn but when you combine it with MMA you can defend yourself from bad people and meet a lot of like-minded boys and girls too.

Yeah, thats my best friend she is a real bad bitch got her own money and she aint need no man My phone starts blasting my ringtone.

When I check the caller its my two bffs on the group chat. Probably they want to see my face before I go.

Hectic why are you leaving me dont go, They say in synchronization.

Show offs I bet you planned this to announce your useless relationship to me right? And my name is Hecate I have been telling you this for 10 years. I reply those two insolent fools.

Duh, did you pack your migraine medication, if not you will cry bitter tears, Mara warned me as always.

And your boxing bag, all my hard work training you should not come to waste. Xander also tells me.

You know what I am starting to think you two are the ones that gave birth to me. Btw bye call me when I get to Scotland. I say my goodbyes while coming down the stairs.

I thought you were sleeping but it turns out they just had to call you and waste my time. Aunt Vee snaps at me for not calling her up to talk with those mad children.

Are your stuff in the car yet? And I packed some tequila and vodka for myself, like a bottle each. I reply with a shrug.

Selfish girl, I packed your weapon and botany bag by the way. And I wired your allowance to your card. Aunt Vee says with annoyance.