Chapter 10

I looked for him in every hall and couldn't find him. I thought of calling him but maybe it's too intrusive and he doesn't want to be found right now, I don't know...

I turn a corner and I can finally see his green bolero, but is not him wearing it.

Is it Bojan who wears it and he sees me too.

-Hey, (Y/N) ! - he raises the can in his hand to salute me.

-Bojan! - I hurry to get closer to him.- Well done out there. - I say.

-Thank you! You too. It was fun, all of this, but I guess today everything ends.

Don't say that...

-Yes, I suppose. It was awesome to meet you guys.

-Same, it was truly an experience I wish we could repeat. - he takes a sip of his drink.

-By the way...Jere?

-He's gone in that direction. - he points to one of the halls.

-Thank you, how was he?

-He looks very sad, don't gonna lie. I found him near the bathroom.

-I see... - I stand there thinking about it. - Thank you Bojan, let's keep in contact.

-Yes, please.

-And you wear it well. - I point to the bolero he's wearing.

-Thank you! Maybe I'll keep it. - he smiles.

We give each other a hug and say goodbye.

I start walking to the direction that Bojan told me, after a while I realize that I am going to the Finnish backstage, so maybe he's gone there.

When I get there I see a bunch of people in the hall surrounding someone.

Everyone grabbed that person and lifted him up like he was a rockstar, cheering for him.

And that person was Jere.

They took him inside the Backstage and put him standing on a chair.

He started to give a speech with a hand on his heart and with the other grabbing his country flag and one of those peach tea cans.

The address was all in Finnish so I couldn't understand much. I only recognized the words "thank you", "I'm grateful" and "sorry".

I did not dare to enter, it felt like an intimate moment with his people.

I observe everything from the door.

He looks tired and sad, not like the person I saw just an hour ago. His hair is still a mess and the black shadow of his eyes is smeared.

Although I don't understand the language I can sense what his feelings are.

Suddenly our eyes met, he stopped talking and gave me a sad smile.

-Kiitos... - He moves his mouth but doesn't pronounce the words

Everyone rushes at him shouting his name like a chant. He lowers his head and lets himself be embraced by his team.

I look at my feet with my eyes filled with tears.

When the show ended I thought it would be a good idea to go and talk with him right away but now I know it's better not to push him. I didn't imagine seeing him like this but I can understand...

I decided to go back to the Spanish delegation backstage, to pack my things and give them a moment.

...