001

WARNINGS; MATURE THEMES, BLOOD, REFERENCES TO DRUGS (NO MAIN CHARACTERS WILL BE PARTICIPATING)

CHAP 1.
THE NEST'S LIBRARY

   'THE MOMENT AZURA HAD ROUNDED THE CORNER AND OUT OF SIGHT OF HECATE, THE WITCH HAD CLUTCHED HER CHEST, SQUEEZING HER DRESS RIGHT ABOVE HER HEART.'

   Amity gasped, her palm over her mouth, 'Don't tell me..'

   'THE FLUTTERING FEELING IN HER STOMACH INSUED A STORM OF EMOTIONS, HECATE'S MIND WAS SWIMMING WITH POSSIBILITIES. IT COULDN'T BE, SHE THOUGHT, DO I HAVE-'

   "Interesting book you've got there," Amity snapped shut The Good Witch Azura book, glaring at her older sibling in disdain. Emira grinned at the girl, "What happens next?"

   "I wouldn't know, since you interrupted me. And what are you doing in my study anyways? Dad had changed the lock last night." Amity said, she opened the drawer underneath her desk and dropped her book inside. Slamming the drawer shut before Emira could read the title. Amity stood up and walked outside, shoulder-checking Emira on the way when she walked into something.

   "Now now Mittens, don't be so hasty. Y'know me and Emira have our ways." Edric grinned, twirling a hairpin behind his back.

   Amity rolled her eyes and shoved her older brother to the side, "I need to talk to my dad." Her platform heels clicked behind her, her knee length skirt flowing gracefully. Emira leaned on the doorway, chugging on their SunnyD bottle and exchanged a glance with their twin.

   "We need to get Amity away from Odalia cause how is that skirt moving like that?" Emira stated, pointing offendedly. Edric shrugged, patting the shorter's back.

   "Me and my friends have plans to hang out, cya!"

___________________

   "Edric, is that you?"

   Amity hurried down the hall and peeked into Alador's workshop. "Nope, it's me."

  "Ahh, Amity..." Alador pushed his goggles up on his bangs, "Can you do me a favor and take out the trash? I know it's my turn but I need to fix Remy's wheel cause he managed to break it, again." The brunet sighed, brushing a hand through his hair when he noticed something. "Oh, your roots are growing back in." He pushed at his youngest daughter's hairline.

   "Dad, stop-" Amity got rid of the smile growing on her face. "I'll take out the trash. Can you make a new lock that doesn't require a keyhole? I think that Edric bought out the entire supply of a keystore just to find one to open my door."

   Alador sighed, "Y'know you can just tell them to stop going into your room."

   Amity's jaw twitched, "I've tried. They just don't listen." She said exasperatedly. "I'm gonna go take out the trash."

   The town of Gravesfield is in the middle of Connecticut, the Blights's mansion resides near the edge of New Haven; rich, famous, and overall, rich. Amity dragged the trash bin to the curb, she felt her phone buzzing with a familiar and daunting tune. Groaning, she picked up her phone, "Hello, Mom."

   "Hello, sweetie, I have something to discuss with you quickly."

   "Ok."

   "I just recently signed you up to a program, it's very efficient in teaching you more about business. Edric already declined and Emira is useless, basically, so you must be there. Plus, you'll meet some fine bachelorettes and future connections. You know what I always say," Odalia egged on.

  "'That starting early is never too early.'" Amity repeated, internally cursing Odalia for signing her up. "May you give me the rest of the information when you get to the house, I need to complete a few chores."

   "... Of course, I need to finish talking with a client anyways, they're persistent on a matter and I'm starting to get irritated." Odalia hung up first, Amity let out an exhale.

   "I can't believe her." Amity glared at her phone.

Amity
Hey, i'm gonna be gone for a bit.
I need to blow off some steam.

Edric
ofc sis (*⌒▽⌒*)

Emira
where u going tho?

Amity
Why do you want to know?

Emira
in case u get kidnapped or smth
LMAO
SDKDFMSLKGVN

Amity
That old shack Merida smokes weed at.

Emira
LMAO

Edric
Σ(°°)
YOU ARE TOO LOUD
what if dad and odalia see ( ºΔº )

Emira
they dgaf abt what my bsf does-
and im so sure dad was a stoner or still is ;skull;

Edric
('')

Amity
Whatever. If it's an emergency, call me. Otherwise, don't annoy me.
I'm not in the mood.
Please?

Emira
Do you wanna talk about it?

Edric
mittens yknow you can always talk to us (*''*)

Amity
Not right now. Maybe tonight.

Emira
;thumbsup; wtv u say sis

   Amity rounded the side of the mansion, grabbing a hold of a makeshift wedge. The girl proceeded to climb, she had learned how to rockclimb a while back and started getting in and out of her room undetected like that. Amity heaved herself to her balcony, dusting her clothes off and opened the door into her room. She threw in two books and her laptop with a portable charger into her satchel, rushing to her mini fridge and picking out a tall Arizona Tea can and frozen snacks.

   The youngest Blight scaled down her house effortlessly and started her trek.

   Before the trip was long, a tedious 30 minutes but Amity had grown to love the scenery, the journey had given her time to recuperate. Planted greenery shrouded and blocked the sun from view, cars had passed in a blur of motion. Everything was in motion; from the stray cats going about their days to the group of kids playing hopscotch on the other side of the sidewalk.

   Amity stepped onto the patio of the old shack, faintly smelling the strong earthy smell enhanced by the previous person smoking pot. Immediately when walking int the cabin, Amity grimaced, "There's no lightswitch." Amity walked further into the darkness, grabbing her phone and flashing the light when...

   "Why am I in a library?"