𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫: 𝟏💫

Beyonce Knowles The broken ones love the hardest, yet get nothing in return

Beyonce Knowles
The broken ones love the hardest, yet get nothing in return.

The sky is gray and the clouds are crowding the sky like the Las Vegas strip in the summer

The sky is gray and the clouds are crowding the sky like the Las Vegas strip in the summer. The rain falls every day and you wonder, would it stop? You're confused as to how drenched it is, how the air feels like everything suddenly lost its purpose. The whispers of many as I passed down the school hallway, felt like personal jabs. Some of those whispers belonged to old friends, who were held down by an anchor from the past. No matter how much they seem like they are over it, they still make you feel so small...

Like it's your fault.

But you let them, and you keep going back, because for whatever reason, your heart is easy to forgive, but never to forget. So they,
Among others, continue to stomp on your heart. Leaving it bruised and damaged.

Even though being in the same school as them was hard enough, I was better off here than at home. The house felt like a jail cell, the paint on the walls peeled, and the pictures that showed fake smiles were tilted, or broken. My father worked hard, he made it known to everyone. With his heavy dirty boots, and his stern voice booming through the house, my mom hurriedly made dinner and cleaned around just so he wouldn't make a whole scene.

I'd rather hear these discrete whispers at school than listen to my parents argue, and constantly mention how I wasn't doing anything right.

As for me, I don't know, I'm 18, graduating high school while constantly fighting this war with myself. It wasn't like this all the time, I was more of a optimistic kid. I knew what I wanted, and everything seemed like rainbows and glitter. Would you have known that my favorite color was pink? Vibrant and all. But now, everything seems so dull.

I guess that comes with age, you lose interest in the things you love and you start to wonder, is life even worth it? I tried to see the brighter side, but when every bad thing seems to be pointing at you, there appears like there's no light whatsoever. It's tiring. But I'm still here.

Right?

I walked into the principal's office. The lavender and faint rose smell rushed over me. I looked down, putting my hoodie on and watching my faded honey brown hair fall over my face.