0

A gentle wave of cool air rolled through the trees. The wind shook the tender baby leaves, teaching them the ancient lullaby only to be composed and enjoyed in forests.

Underneath the greenery, a mother bird ruffled her feathers, shifted, and buried her body deeper into the nest to protect her unborn hatchlings from the cold.

The same surge emerged from the forest and soared cherry blossoms over the defensive wall and down the streets of the village named hidden behind the leaves.

The scent of leaves and flowers got carried to the noses of dogs, cats, and humans who lined the streets.

The air was welcomed through open windows into the houses and apartments, bringing a sense of freshness to the owners.

An old couple sat cozily on their couch in the living room. They slurped their afternoon tea and watched a show unfold on television.

The spectacle on display was the live podcast of the opening ceremony of the villages' latest installment. An indoor shopping facility named: 'Deleaves.'

The mall had been in the building for a year now. The shopping facility stretched over a thousand square miles and had three floors. Clothing stores, beauty salons, those new electro markets, restaurants, cafes, and many more shops were all encased in a stylish asymmetrical skin of glass, steel, and green-painted concrete. According to the newspapers, the building's advantage, apart from its vastness, was that it would always be air-conditioned no matter what the weather was outside.

It promised to make shopping an adventure.

The party took place not far from the pair's abode, but the old bones in their bodies would make it hard to navigate through the tumult of the thick masses of young adults and running kids.

"Young people these days."

The man scratched a withered scar on his wrinkled face. He watched as the camera zoomed in on the back of the one man who made such grand displays of delight possible and smiled contently into his teacup.

"These are indeed different days. Don't you think so, dear?" The man asked his wife absentmindedly.

"Hmm."
The wife reacted to her husband's musings. She watched as the camera zoomed in on the back of the one man who made such grand displays of delight possible and smiled contently into her teacup.

Naruto Uzumaki stood in the center of a raised wooden stage. The blonde man's height reached nearly six feet, but his upstanding reputation and the iconic orange suit made him a towering figure, seldom missed by the masses with or without a raised ground. He was sturdy like the already eight-layered tree on whose roots the village was founded over a hundred years ago.

With an over-dimensional large silver scissor, he clipped the shining red band, the symbol for the conclusion of the lengthy opening ceremony.

Naruto's white cape swayed due to his movements, proudly showing in bold red treads his well-eaned title as the eighth shadow in the fire to the onlooking masses.

Done with the deed, he gave the scissor to a woman in a suit who stood on his right side. He turned to face his people, and the everpresent smirk widened into a face-splitting grin as he waved his hand, consequentially fanning the crowd's spiritual flames even more.

Thousand clapping hands erupted like thunder after a lightning strike. The people yelled, whistled, and called out their praises to their Hokage and his associates.

The atmosphere was electrified across the whole plaza, which sent vibrations against the skin of a young boy in mids of the setting.

The outer energy resonated with Isui's internal chakra. The feeling overwhelmed his senses and made him feel slightly dizzy.