Chapter 10

*Swoosh .. clang clang*  

The sound of swords clashing echoed through the grass fields. Students were sparring with each other, one boy dodged, one launched an attack, and a blonde plunged his sword on the ground making his opponent fly in the air and landing a meter apart from the circle that was marked around each pair. The boy groaned in pain while trying to stand up.  Aether who stood up with the support of his sword wiped the sweat that was running down his chin. When he noticed his opponent who was struggling to get up, he immediately went to help him while the school clinic staff hurriedly went to the boy. "hey are you alright? i'm sorry if i went a little too far" Aether said with a worried look on his face. He really didn't mean to plunged that hard, he got a little carried away in the fight. The other students were watching as the clinic carried the boy into a stretcher and made sure that he was comfortable "hey man don't worry, maybe just go a little easier next time" the injured boy said as he patted Aether's hands for reassurance, although he was in pain he still manage to talk and smile a bit "I'll come with you! to make sure you're alright" Aether said still worrying about the kid, i mean it was his fault after all "No need, I'll come with him" A manly yet gentle voice spoke, It was their teacher  "You stay and take a rest, Everyone! that's all for today we'll continue next time!" he shouted to the students and then patted Aether's shoulder, he followed the clinic staff carrying the stretcher to the back of a van securing the boy, once they were done they quickly drove away from their sight. 

Aether who was standing staring as the van quickly disappeared was still worried as heck "oh my fucking god what did i do?!?! what were you thinking Aether?!?!"  he said to himself as he dropped his sword and grabbed his hair like a lunatic "you idiot what if that kid got hurt bad?!what if his parents report me? I haven't even been long in this school and i already did something horrible! i feel extra bad since he's a good kid! what do i do what do i do"  while he was talking to himself like a lunatic some seniors was looking at him at a distance while the other students didn't really care.. it's not like it's their first time seeing this kind of thing, it's expected since this was the training grounds after all. "look, he's really going nuts" a man with an eye patch chuckled in amusement "what's he getting worked up for? it's not that big of a deal" a man with red hair said while he fixed his ponytail to make it more comfortable "not everyone is lucky Diluc, of course he's worried after all getting in here is a once in a lifetime to make it worse he didn't enroll here remember? he got a letter, everyone knows once you get reported by an 'enroller' you end up getting expelled, this school is great but it definitely has it's priorities" Kaeya said shaking his bottle of cold water while sitting under the shade of a giant tree. "Hey guys didn't thought I'd still see you here, i thought you left already" Childe appeared waving his hand while greeting them with a smile "I'm heading out in a few minutes, I've got a date later" kaeya said as he playfully shook his bottle "diluc how about you?" childe asked tilting his head to the side "I'm going home" Diluc replied with an unfazed tone "What about you mister popular? what are you gonna do?" kaeya asked while he handed out a bottle of cold water from the case near them "oh me? I'm going bunny hunting" Childe replied with a smirk in his face while opening the bottle " bunny hunting?" kaeya asked in confusion "bunny hunting." childe once again clarified "Why bunny hunting?" Kaeya asked but this time with a boredom tone "I don't know, i'm just really craving to devour a bunny" Childe replied while he stretches his arms in the air " devour huh?" As kaeya whispered he took a little look at the blonde student who was still having his little lunatic session in the distance, he tried to picture a scared bunny and immediately saw the similarities, Diluc could see it too but didn't say anything. When kaeya realized it he immediately turned to Childe who already knows that they know who he was talking about "you mean" kaeya was speechless "yes" childe said confidently "YOU PERVERT!" Kaeya shouted out loud pointing at the ginger man "HE'S A FRESHMAN" kaeya blurted out loudly "Bro are you crazy?!! You're so horny man you're unbelievable" Kaeya shouldn't be surprised about his friend's behavior but somehow he reacted quite much with Aether in the conversation "Relax, I'm not gonna do it now but-" childe was cut off by kaeya again mysteriously exaggerating "but you are gonna do it?!" Kaeya at this point was standing and is talking eye to eye with his friend "well-" childe was cut off with a ringtome, it was kaeya's phone. Kaeya looked at the caller id and it was his date "ugh no way" Kaeya complained "i gotta go, anyway take it easy childe he's a new kid" Kaeya said grabbing his back and walking away, he picked up the phone and returned into his flirty tone "what was that about" Childe raised and eye brow while he looked back looking at his blue haired friend "I'm going to the student council, Zhongli wants me to go there" Diluc said as he looked at his phone and walked away. Childe stood there in silence "o-kay that was weird, he has never reacted that way before, what a weird weird man... i'm hungry." Childe said as he picked up his things and walked to the canteen.

While Aether was having his little self talk a student called out to him saying his phone was ringing, it was lumine "Hey" he said feeling a little down "Why do you sound sad? where are you?" lumine asked "i'm at the field we were having the p.e program" aether replied calming down a little "cheer up bro it'll all be better soon, anyway meet at the gate later dain said he's going to treat us dinner, apparently he found a place to stay" "huh? what's wrong with our place?" aether asked "nothing, it was his parents' idea, they want what's best for their son" Lumine said with a tone "right" aether replied quite shortly "anyway hurry up, amber is almost done with her things i'm about to go there" lumine said in a hurry "ok ok bye" "bye" the phone call ended and Aether hurriedly went to the changing room to change his clothes.

He walked to the grounds of the school, realizing how beautiful it was. The glass windows from the tall building illuminating the sunset's lights, the leaves falling down from the trees on his left side. If you were to see it you would think it was a scene straight out of a movie. aether stopped and closed his eyes feeling the wind on his hair. At that moment he let out his worries and just relaxed his mind, he focused on the scene in front of his sight quiet but yet beautiful. It made him smile something about it just made him happy he doesn't know why. 

A man with long brown hair stood from afar, his eyes lit. He could not believe what he was seeing, it's like.. straight out of a movie. A beautiful figure stood perfectly in the light of the sunset and underneath the trees. The leaves were falling in his path and on him, the wind danced with his hair and he stood their closing his eyes and smiled. It made the brown haired student heart pound like crazy, he has never seen anyone as beautiful as the sight he is seeing, unless that's what he thought. Until now he has never felt a rush of feelings in his heart, it felt like the chained cage was suddenly broken with a shine of light,he had never felt this way before. He had felt it once in the past with the girl he used to love. He thought he could never feel this way again because of what happened in the past, but the boy with the golden hair truly proved him wrong

i'm quite exited about the ball ;)