marked♥25

Layla's perspective~

Still unable to get away from Mike, I found myself drifting in and out of sleep with the lingering hope of Christian's soon return, to ease my mind.

I awoke to Mike's rancid breath on my neck as he breathed in deeply taking in my scent, once again, I tried to stay as still as possible.
I didn't know what he was up to.....

"I know you're awake, and I know that you want me, He said blowing on my neck teasingly. His dry Cracked lips Traced disgusting kisses down my neck, causing me to shiver in repulsion. He was obviously delusional if he thought that I wanted him.

"Your Alpha isn't going to want you after I mark you." He said a with smirk.

I huffed, "You obviously don't know shit about me or Christian, if you did, you wouldn't be here."

"Nonsense! I was his close friend and Gamma. At one time, I'm sure I know him very well!"Mike said with a knowing look.

"Why do you think he didn't punish me when I did those things to you?"

"Oh, I don't know, because I asked him not to! I said sarcastically,"You're such an idiot!"

"If It was up to him, he would have cut your fucking head off!"He had no idea how angry he had made Christian, I was definitely regretting it now, I wouldn't be going through this bullshit if I had to listen to him.

I wasn't prepared when Christian suddenly mind-linked me.

"Babe?" 

His soothing voice chimed in my head. Causing me to breathe a sigh of relief.

"Christian?"I was so excited but I had to remain calm so that Mike didn't suspect anything.

"Yeah, I'm coming for you babe. I'm just
Trying to find an entry point."

I held back tears, as continued to keep a straight face. I was so relieved to finally hear his voice.

"My Goddess I've missed you,
I'm ok, but I've lost a lot of blood and I don't know how much longer I'm going to hang on."

"Are you alone?"

"No, my father and a few other pack members are waiting nearby.  Some of the rogues are already aware of my presence, but are too afraid to go against Mike alone.
We are outnumbered, but as soon as I make an entry backup is waiting for my signal.
All the Alphas and Betas from the other packs are still at some meeting two towns over. So we are on our own, but don't worry babe I got this, Christian said assuring me."

Suddenly, a scorching, searing pain tore through my neck, prompting me to convulse in agony and fiercely resist my assailant.

Mike's grotesquely elongated, razor-sharp canines bore into the tender flesh of my neck, unleashing a venomous sensation that slithered through my veins like a malevolent serpent, corrupting every part of my being. The side effects of being forcibly marked were nothing short of harrowing.

Kicking and screaming, I managed to inflict only a small laceration on Mike's face, which seemed to enrage him further. I fought back with all my might, but my strength soon waned. Onyx, who could have aided me, was incapacitated due to the side effects of Mike marking me, leaving me to fend for myself. As the room spun and glass shattered around me, I was pushed to the floor, feeling faint and utterly overwhelmed.

With a loud imposing roar a massive black beast landed on top of Mike, sinking it's razor sharp teeth into Mike's flesh and  crashing to the floor, I realized it was Christian.

Mike howled in pain, failing to fight against Christian in his human form, he twisted and turned in agony as he attempted to shift, but Christian outsmarted him, cutting off his airway. Although Mike continued to try to shift his wolf  submitted to Christian and argued with Mike out loud.

"You rejected our mate, and disrespected our pack, resulting in our banishment, defying the most sacred Bond and Moon goddess!" Mike's wolf bellowed. "I warned you, yet still you interfered with fate, and I will no longer be a part of it. This is all your fault, you worthless human!" Mikes wolf howled reaching a hand out for me with tears in his eyes. It would probably be the last time Mike ever heard from his wolf.

Shocked, I couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy for Mike's wolf. The repercussions of Mike's actions had clearly taken their toll—rejecting me had undoubtedly weakened the wolf, causing it to cease shifting and lie dormant within Mike's mind.

An ex-Gamma was no match for an enormous Alpha wolf. I was shocked as all the rogues looked on cheering gratefully, that Mike would finally receive punishment, they continued ignoring Mike's screams and pleading for assistance. And as they walked past they spat at him.

The rogues had a look of relief on their faces as if they were finally free of him.
They began to untie the captives, helping them to their feet and apologizing at the same time. Some of the younger female rogues began to clean up the area, and take care of wounded pack members.

"Now you will all be executed! Mike shouted, " I am the king and you are supposed to be loyal to me and only me, you traitors! I don't know why you're so happy and you're helping him, he'll just banish you, just like he did me!" Mike hissed

As Mike looked on in anger and defeat, he continuously shouted profanities and threatened their lives. I think they just got tired of his bullshit.

Mike had eliminated their rightful rogue Luna and alpha, and in their view, he was receiving his just deserts. It appeared that their genuine Luna and the rogue Alpha had been endeavoring to establish their own pack by rehabilitating rogues, providing them with a semblance of security and stability to form a functional society, likely in pursuit of a return to normalcy. Which is admirable.

The rogue's eyes were blazing with determination. It wasn't that they didn't fear the odds stacked against them; rather, they refused to succumb to despair. Deep down, I sensed their burning desire for a chance at a thriving, enduring life—a chance for redemption. No one chooses the path of a rogue willingly; it's often a desperate grasp at happiness or a result of circumstances beyond their control. But today marked a turning point. Today, they would seize the opportunity they longed for, and I was determined to ensure their success.

I watched on as Christians canines sank deeply into Mike's throat, as blood gushed over his neck and chest he gasped for air.

He didn't kill him but he left him damn near close to death, knowing that his wounds would heal. Christian quickly shifted, he stood naked as he tied Mike's hands and feet up.

He rushed over to me taking me into his arms, He explained, " I know you picture this happening a lot differently babe but I have to mark you, it's the only way I can break the bond between the two of you."

"I'm an alpha I'm stronger so technically it'll overpower his mark."

"I'm sorry, baby," he murmured as move my hair to the side caressing my neck he sank his canines over the same spot Mike had once marked.

I couldn't stifle my gasp as a wave of overwhelming desire washed over me. It was a rush of life altering euphoria, distinct from the searing pain of Mike's mark. This sensation was pure and raw, an overpowering surge of love that left me breathless. I stifled a moan, I felt as if my mind might orgasm.  As he continued to sink his canines into my flesh, a myriad of colors unfolded before me—vivid and beautiful, like a canvas painted with our loving moments together.

In that moment, the bond between Mike and I shattered causing Mike to scream out in pain, making way for a new, powerful connection with Christian. Our souls intertwined, solidifying a bond that transcended any other. I was given glimpses of our future, beautiful vivid pictures of us together our bodies intertwined between the sheets as we made love. Followed by visions of us side by side leading the pack and prospering.

I could feel his emotions and thoughts as if they were my own. In that instant, I knew—I was his, and he was mine.

Our souls had finally started to merge into one, and as I placed my hand on my baby bump, our pup kicked happily, a joyful testament to our newfound unity. Carly howled in happiness and our new found connection. But in the back of my mind I knew that the marking was only one-sided at this point and when we finally completed the entire mating and marking ritual, it would be even more complex and intense which kind of scared me because this was incredible already.