P R O L O G U E

[A/N: How they'll die will be set in chronological order]

Mugen Train Mission

Jin's fatigue became apparent as his body gradually grew weary, causing his movements to slow down. Despite hours of relentless effort, he couldn't find a way to gain an advantage against the formidable Upper 3 Demon. Even though the demon seemed to be holding back, Jin still found himself utterly overwhelmed by the demon's sheer power.

"Flame Breathing, second form, Rising Scorching Sun!" Jin swung his swords upward, managing to make shallow cuts on the demon's chest. However, the demon's twisted smile remained intact as it instantly regenerated the wounds.

"Your cuts were impressive! You possess more talent than any Hashira I've encountered before!" The demon's voice echoed, his twisted grin persisting as he effortlessly countered each of Jin's attacks. 

Without answering the demon, Jin readied himself for another assault, determined to overcome the demon's overwhelming strength.

"Flame breathing, third form, Blazing Universe!" Jin executed a powerful downward slash, but Akaza swiftly evaded by dodging to the side. Undeterred, Jin took a swift breath and prepared an attack. "First form, Unknowing Fire!" he declared, swiftly following it up with a precise horizontal slash that successfully severed both of the demon's arms.

Impervious to pain, the demon taunted with a mocking tone, "Impressive technique!" instantly, his arms regenerated, and he retaliated with a barrage of lightning-fast punches. Jin barely managed to block each strike, struggling to withstand the demon's relentless assault.

As Jin swiftly evaded a punch, the demon managed to land a sneaky blow on his lower chest, causing his lower ribs to crack upon impact. Enduring the searing pain, Jin summoned his resilience and successfully blocked an incoming fist from the demon. However, the force behind the strike was overwhelming, breaking through his defence and striking his left eye, rendering the entire left side of Jin's vision completely disabled.

Despite the intense agony piercing his eyes, Jin gritted his teeth and prepared for another form of attack. "Fourth form, Blooming Flame Undulation!" With a circular motion, Jin swung his blade, but the demon seized the opportunity to leap into the air, a twisted grin spreading across his face.

"Destructive Death, Air type," the demon declared, clenching his fist. He unleashed a shockwave attack, propelling it towards Jin. With great effort, Jin managed to barely block the oncoming onslaught, feeling the immense power of the attack threatening to overwhelm him.

The demon landed at a considerable distance from Jin, regarding the man with a newfound respect. On the sidelines, Tanjiro, filled with concern, muttered Hikari's name, unable to join the fray.

"Become a Demon, Hikari. A crushed left eye, shattered ribs, and damaged internal organs. If you were a demon, those would be mere scratches," the demon offered, observing as Jin struggled to catch his breath, blood trickling from his wounds.

After a few moments of intense silence, Jin took a series of deep breaths. His aura of determination blazed even brighter, sending shivers down the demon's spine. The demon couldn't help but laugh in amazement.

"Such an incredible fighting spirit! Hikari, you must become a demon! We can battle for centuries! You are destined to become strong!"

Jin stood his ground, assuming a powerful stance that refused to yield. "I will not... become a demon. I am Jin Hikari Rengoku, the Flame Hashira!" he declared, making it unequivocally clear that he would not succumb to becoming a demon.