Chapter 53: Lay All My Victims to Rest

A/n: So, starting from (**) until this mark (***) is a flashback of chapter 38: Hanging, so you can skip it if you don't want to reread but I do recommend reading it. Just for more feels.

Remember when you hit the brakes too soon?

They said it was a miscarriage. That it was no ones fault, that made it harder. There was no one to blame. Maybe it was out of pity or sympathy, there was a small spot .for his baby Emiry during the funeral for all the fallen ones.

He could feel the stares and hear the lingering whispers. It was like, his other died all over again. The same pitiful look.

'What a poor orphan.'

Only this time, he was the father.

As if his whole world collapsed. Turned to ashes to be blown by the wind. How could the loss of someone yet to exist cause such devastating pain? Shattering his perfect dream.

"Sorrows, sorrows, prayers."

20 stitches in a hospital roo

"My condolences." They would say, as if they could see how hollow he was left behind. At that point, he couldn't even find the heart to care for his village that was torn apart.

Unforgivable.

Ungrateful.

They said, it was a miscarriage. A miss. They could try again. Kakashi couldn't even recall who were the ones, the nameless, that talked to him only to tell their own stories.

'I know... I should be grateful instead but... I don't need to hear that.'

And when he found her staring out blankly through the window, without knowing she had cried her eyes out just forty five minutes before.

Are we in the clear yet, in the clear yet? Good

An injury induced miscarriage.

Surely, Naruto would've been fine. Sasuke could've handled it. Completely forgetting even he at the time worried that they couldn't. It was a gamble. He even sent Pakkun.

Then, even the dog surprisingly sided with her. He asked her what happened, she told him twice, thrice and then again... Days after.

Why?

Why did she go?

Why did she fight back?

Why didn't she listen to him?

He didn't realise that underneath the surface, he blamed her. She blamed her too.

When you started crying, baby, I did too

**

He remembered helping direct the clean up and rescue efforts and then Genma looking at him surprised he was there, calm about it all.

"Oi, Kakashi why are you still here?"

"What are you talking about? Am I needed somewhere else?"

The look of pity on his fellow shinobi's face was something he didn't understand at first. "You don't know. Your lover, Guy ran her to the hospital. You should go. We'll understand."