Making Moves

It was almost midnight. You, Kelso, and Jackie were hanging on the couch in the basement,watching some old movie rerun. The rest of the gang left hours ago.

You had liked Kelso for as long as you can remember. You ans your brother, Hyde, had moved across the street from him when you were 4. You guys became best friends.

Hyde always knew about your crush on Kelso, and him being Hyde would try to help in any way he could.

Hyde stood up and made the most fake sounding yawn you though possible. "I'm getting pretttty tired. I think I'm gonna head home now." You and Kelso both turned around to look at him.

"Whatever." You say trying to hide your excitement that you would be alone with Kelso for the first time since you guys were 12. "See you later." You said as Hyde walked out the door.

Hyde winked at you before closing the door. You both sat in silence, your heart racing. Hopefully he couldn't hear it. 

You couldn't take it anymore. 

It was now or never.

You have to make a move.

You mentally prepare yourself and lay your head on Kelso's shoulder.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit you thought.

You thought you felt Kelso tense up for a second and your heart started pounding much faster. Before you knew it Kelso was pulling a Hyde, fake yawning and throwing an arm around your shoulder.

You thought your heart was going to leap out of your chest. Though you felt reassurance knowing he made a move back.

In that moment, you decided to look up at Kelso and give him a small smile. He took a quick glance at your eyes, and let out a big sigh.

"Damn it. I cant take it anymore y/n. I like you. I like you a lot. I've liked you since seeing playing with Hyde when you first moved here when we were 4. I really really really like you y/n. I know this is probably crazy and you don't feel the same, but I just had to tell you be-" Kelso blurt out. Smiling, you cut him off.

"Kels, I feel the same way." He looked at you surprised. "You do?" he says. You started laughing, "Yes, I like you a lot."

His hands grabbed your face and he placed his lips on yours. You smiled into the kiss and ran your fingers through his long hair. 

His hands moved to your waist and he slipped a little bit of tongue in. 

"Wow." you said pulling away. Kelso nodded. You both stared at each other for a second before clearing you throat and getting up off the couch. While getting up he grabbed your arm.

"Wait! y/n!" he said.  You turned and looked at him. "Soooo now that we both know we like each other wanna catch a movie with me?" He stammered. You let out a giggle.

"Of course, Kelso." You playfully rolled your eyes. You cupped his cheek and kissed the other. You smiled and began walking out the door.

Before leaving you said, "Pick me up at 6." you said with a grin and left. When the door closed you only heard the crickets chirping but then heard a faint, "YES!" coming from the basement. You shook your head, laughing, and ran home.

You had to thank the FUCK out of your brother.

(word count: 554)