00

PROLOGUE ; The Journey Begins

══════════════════

Missions were always different; you were no stranger to such a fact. Some were easy, and others seemed like their life's mission was to annoy you to no end.

Today was one of the days that stood in between being easy and being a pain in the ass.

A woman had been sighted wearing unusual attire by the Kasugai crows. Usually, it wouldn't have been concerning; perhaps it was a foreigner, but the hair that reportedly floated on its own and the cubes she could summon were a call for suspicion.

That and the corpses that were strewn across the woods the deeper you went.

What type of demon kills humans but does not eat them afterwards?

Whatever it was, it was strong. The trees that had been uprooted to seemingly crush fleeing townspeople were telling of that.

As you got closer, the air became suffocating. Standing in a clearing, shrouded in the moon's light, stood a tall woman hovering in the air. Her intense eyes blazed a fierce orange hue as she stared right at you.

"Yet another human overstepping their boundaries. Do none of you have survival skills, or are you asking me to kill you?" She bellowed, her voice deep and trembling with anger.

As she studied you, her eyes seemed to shine with malice.

"Your future... is not bright." She started. She raised a hand slowly, a blackened cube coming from her fingertips.

"Outrunning fate is an idiotic attempt mortals make to prolong the inevitable." The cube got bigger, "though I suppose ruffling a few feathers in Teyvat will provide good entertainment."

The cube came rushing towards you, your sword drawn in a pitiful attempt to block it, only for it to cause the blade to make contact with your forehead.

What the-? It completely deflected my attack, yet I can't touch it!

Your vision started to darken, but not from a lack of consciousness.

The mysterious woman's voice seemed to echo in your mind as you felt yourself being pulled.

"Your life will be cut short, though consider it my mercy that I give you a slither of more time. Do you worst out there, alright?" Her laugh reverberated around the desolate space before it completely disappeared.

"MASTER! CAW CAW!"

Master? Who's that? I feel dizzy...

"CAAAAAAAAAAW! DON'T LEAVE!"

══════════════════