.9

shameless promo of my charles book that i kinda finished :) please go check it out. it's called arezoo :) (pssstttt the main girl is iranian diversity win!)

btw, this is how i imagine leilani with lighter hair and blue green eyes :) and this is her outfit for the race ! she is meant to be our size 16 queen !!!

[1533 words]

'what was that?' charles asked as she got her handbag for the race from her room that she was sharing with ingrid. their mother would be joining them later with lorenzo. ingrid had gone to the gym, and said she would go with leilani's parents which left the room to her.

'what was what?' leilani pretended to be clueless to the elephant in the room. she fiddled around with the contents of her bag, and bit her lip as she eyed the unopened pack of cigarettes sitting innocently at the bottom.

'mick.' her brother, unaware of what leilani was currently considering, continued on. leilani turned around with an unimpressed look on her face, conveniently chucking the cigarettes in a drawer of the room.

she would not be turning to that today. she had such a good streak.

'what about him?' she hummed nonchalantly, facing the mirror while charles leaned against the wall, watching as she applied sunscreen and readjusted her clothes. some jeans and a white crop top and a blue shirt on top. it looked casual enough, and would keep her cool.

'you're being annoying.'  charles whined, knocking the sunglasses off her head with a flick of his fingers.

her eyes turned to him sharply, narrowing at his words.

'oh really? what was that with lena?' leilani bit her tongue. she didn't mean to bring her up. she had promised lena that she wouldn't talk about her to charles if they happened to reconcile.

charles made a face that indicated that leilani had checkmated him. lena dabiri was an iranian friend of theirs, who charles had dated and then ceremonially dumped. leilani was really close to her, and anxious about them dating and consequently the effect it would have on her if they ever broke up. she had found out from lena later on. her fears were confirmed when lena, heartbroken, distanced herself from leilani following her brothers actions. she lost a potential sister in law, and a friend in one go. it's something she'll always be mad at charles about.

'that's low, lani.' charles breathed out with a look that reminded her of the boundaries he had set out for her, without mentioning them of course. he hated talking about her.

it was silent, and she gestured for him 'what are you two arguing about again?' arthur interjected, placing his arms around his taller and shorter sibling. they looked like triplets in the moment, and the thought lingered of leilani's mind far too heavily.