𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 with a startle on December 13

𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 with a startle on December 13. There was a constant, really annoying sound on her window. When the young woman opened her eyes and adjusted to the light, she recognised her owl, Altair. Polaris understood why the owl was annoying her, when she took a closer look, it had a wrapped box and a letter strapped to its body. She quickly made her way to the window and opened it, the cool air making Polaris' body shiver as Altair flew inside.

The Black witch took the strapped box from her owl and the letter next. Looking through one of her drawers, she found a treat for Altair and gave it to her before opening the letter. The messy handwriting on the front was enough to tell her that it comes from Charles.

Dear Polaris,

Happy Birthday! You're now officially an adult here in Romania. Don't ask how I figured out your birthday, it's a bit embarrassing to be honest. I hope you're gonna have a great day and get lots of amazing presents! I always liked my birthday. Thank you for your present and your letter yesterday for my birthday, it was really nice to read your letter.

Your present isn't much but I hope it makes you happy anyway. Oh wow, 18,I remember when I was that young. Now I'm 23 and feel like I missed my youth :(

Anyway, enough of my sob story, I wish you all the best and we'll see each other on Christmas! Sadly, I didn't get off from work sooner but I'll make it up to you, I promise.

Now, I hope Altair didn't bite you because your strange owl picked my finger when I took your letter yesterday. Really, I think you spoil her too much. Thank you again for your drawings, the watch and the (not necessary) potion to grow my hair back.

Enjoy the rest of your day and happy birthday again!

Yours, Charlie!

Polaris chuckled at the letter before she set it to the rest of Charlie's and took a look at the box. It wasn't big but Polaris still felt a sense of excitement when she looked at it. She carefully ripped the wrapping paper, a dragon pattern printed on it much to her amusement, and slowly opened the chestlike box. As soon as she saw what was inside, she gasped.

There was a black necklace inside with a small crystal charm hanging from it. The crystal didn't take much attention and wasn't big but it was totally Polaris' style. The crystal was made of ruby, a deep, rich red colour that represents love, power and passion. Polaris took the necklace carefully out of the box and placed it around her neck, her fingers softly gliding over the material of the necklace itself and the stone. Polaris rushed to her desk to write a response.