⛅️Jealousy: Ayato x Taro Yamada

*Thank you to @ThisUserIsTaken for this suggestion, these may be short but I'm writing all three suggestions and wanted to get them out as quick as possible! I hope you enjoy it! :)*

Taro had met Ayato at the start of the school year and had been pining for him ever since.

He loved his pale, soft skin and his pink, plump lips.

And his eyes, oh, those eyes.

It was like looking into the very depths of the abyss that Taro could just get lost in forever.

He's thought about confessing millions of times, thinking it over and over again; dreaming of the two of them together happily.

But he could never do that, it would never be real, no, it would always be just a fantasy.

Because Ayato didn't love him.

Ayato was in love with Taeko, it was obvious.

The whole school knew it, including Taro.

It was clear in the way Ayato looked at Taeko, that adoration permanently in his eyes whenever he was with her; his flushed face whenever she spoke to him and the way he stuttered in response.

Taro knew that Ayato would never look at him like that, that he would never blush or fluster around him.

Because why would he?

Taeko had always been the preferred twin out of the two of them.

And Taro understood why, he accepted it, even.

Taeko was smart, funny, kind; always there and willing to help whoever needed it, she had that warm, loving aura with a heart of pure gold.

And Taro was just there, an average student at Akademi who is only really known for being Taeko's twin brother.

And he couldn't deny that he was jealous of her sometimes, jealous that everyone loved her, jealous that Ayato loved her.

But with that jealousy came shame, the shame he felt whenever he had these hateful emotions; because as hard as he tried, he couldn't hate his sister, it wasn't her fault that Taro was too much of a coward to tell her how he felt about Ayato, too much of a coward to tell Ayato how he felt about him.

So he decided to just watch from the sidelines, let his heart ache each time Ayato and Taeko grew closer.

He wouldn't tell her, no, he'd rather stay in misery than let his dear sister be upset.

He thought he could just accept it and move on, so he didn't know why he was knocking on the door to Taeko's room with tears in his eyes, threatening to spill.

"Come in!" He heard her say through the door and he gripped the doorknob tightly before opening the door and staring at his sister who was at her desk reading a book.

He noticed Hanako was in there too, their younger brother, sitting on the fluffy, white carpet watching whatever show was playing on the television.

Taeko turned around to look at Taro, noticing his glossy eyes and her lips down-turned into a frown.

"What's wrong Taro? Are you okay?" She asked, getting up from her chair to walk up to Taro, he heard the television show pause as Hanako got up as well to see what was wrong.

"No.. I'm not.. I-I..." He stuttered, trying to put his feelings into words to no avail.

The two other siblings frowned before Taeko spoke up.