Chapter Two

*Applebee's with Aaron Gordon*

Denver Nuggets Locker room,
10:00am,

"Do you have any extra sanitary products I could borrow? I'm out of pads and my Basketball shorts have red stains on it," Christian requested for the sanitary items. "Why? What happened?" Michael Porter Jr went to him. "I'm on my period Mike and it's driving me nuts," Chris complained. "Okay, I have extra pads for you, good thing I told my sister to buy one and you know what? I started mine too! So yeah I had period stains on my basketball shorts too!" "Wow, everyone in the Nuggets Roster had periods," Even Jamal Murray and the point guard players had that too! "Coach Malone?" Michael Malone came to Christian Braun and Mike. "What happened?" Not wanting to be embarrassed about the personal mess. "Coach I don't know what to say, I have red stain on my shorts and Mike has the same thing that happened. Please don't get mad at us," "It's all good boys," Michael Malone told him. "I know, it can happen to anyone at their age. It's normal. How about this? I'll take your basketball shorts to the laundromat today and we can go to Safeway together to buy some sanitary products, I'll order 10 boxes of sanitary products online," Michael Malone had a backup on what he should do for the athletes if they are on their periods.

"I feel like an idiot coach because I didn't know that," Chris complained. "That's okay Chris, I know," The head coach said. "I'm a father too, so don't even worry about it at all," Jamal Murray explained to him that he had a brother that started his. "My brother dealt with it too Chris, so I know what it's like and I had to admit me and Lamar both started our period as well," "Wow I didn't know you and Lamar dealt with that,"

"I understand what you guys are going through and hey, I'll order some more," Michael Malone had to order 10 boxes of sanitary products. "Gee thanks Coach!" They said.

*Christian Braun POV: When Aaron Gordon knows you're on your period*

While they were eating dinner at Applebee's Aaron Gordon wanted to know anything about Christian Braun's personal business. Somehow, it wasn't the case for Aaron to know how Chris was somewhat the moody guy who would be putting everyone on blast.

Aaron Gordon: so Chris, let me tell you this, are you on your period?

Christian Braun: yes. Why do you ask?

Aaron Gordon: Well because my sister dealt with the same thing as you.

Christian Braun: Oh wow, really?

Aaron Gordon: yeah because all she felt was being irritable, moody, craves for everything salty and sweet. Plus, her sleep patterns tend to change drastically whenever things like that happen.

Christian Braun: That's surprising.

Aaron Gordon: yep and also, she was like you.

Christian Braun: oh wow, so I'm not the only one who experienced this kind of period attitude.

Aaron Gordon: yes and she knows that you were dealing with the same thing, I told her.

Christian Braun: oh. So she knows about my period thing now.

Aaron Gordon: yes that is why you've been acting so weird lately.

Christian Braun: I know and I'm very sorry for what I did.

Aaron Gordon: It's all good Chris, it happens and what's important is that, we all have fallen into a hiccup.

In fact, Chris had to resonate on why he was afraid to ask someone to buy pads. "All I did was ask from Michael Porter Jr because I know for a fact he had one as well and all of us were running low on Sanitary items," Chris said embarrassingly. "I didn't even get a chance to tell Mom that I was on my period because she thinks I was baloney," "Chris it's alright, I mean. Everyone has started their period so it's all good, it can happen to anyone at their age," Aaron said.

"It's easier for you to say Aaron, I don't get why everyone in my family would say, Chris it's just your period and you have to get used to it. I mean what for? All I do was bleed on the seat. I could care less if the seats on someone else's car is all covered with period stains," Chris frowned. "It's called the time of the month for freaking sake. All I do was to not expose my face because I was not in a mood to deal with those things right at this point. Plus, I will go insane if someone comes to me and tells me: Chris, you know that could happen to you one day when you become a mom,"

Christian Braun: I don't want to be pregnant. It's just going to be more challenging.

Aaron Gordon: I understand if you're not ready to have a kid.

Christian Braun: I know, but the fact is that, if I were planning to become pregnant and be a mother, I'll end up with morning sickness, cravings and the worst part, pushing the baby out.

Aaron Gordon: Okay okay...

Christian Braun: Thanks for taking the moment to realize how I felt right now. Even when my family would ask me: Chris, when do you and Aaron start planning for a baby? I don't know when, but I'll have to wait and see.

Aaron Gordon: it's okay my love. I know.

Christian Braun: since dealing with the period cramps and everything else, I tend to be moody.

Aaron Gordon: it's ok love.

Christian Braun: that tells me, you'll be a good father to our future kids.

Aaron Gordon: you think so?

Christian Braun: well yes because of you, you helped me so much.

Aaron Gordon: that's sweet of you and you'll be a good mom too! I could picture ourselves having a baby together.

Christian Braun: I see.

Aaron Gordon: I bet your mom would love to have a grandchildren.

Christian Braun: Aaron please, I need more months to think it over 😆.

Aaron Gordon: Okay my love.

*Parker Braun POV: The instance when Christian Braun walks around the house with a period stain on his shorts*

The next morning,

"Chris, did you sit on the ketchup?" Parker looked confused while trying to hold it in a laughter. "Did it look like a ketchup to you Parker? I'm on my period for heck sake," Chris shouted. "I had to use the sanitary pads that mom gave me but then I'm running low on pads because I felt so miserable, I'm a hot mess,"

Parker Braun: I understand why you were experiencing mood swings.

Christian Braun: I know and it's just that I get very irritated when people would be talking and I tend to explode.

Parker Braun: I know how you feel when you're on your period. I was like that.

Christian Braun: Oh yeah? You know what it's like to be on your period and all you do is be irritated, frustrated, hungry and cry all the time, I tend to be a fussy baby when it comes to dealing with the time of the month.

Landon Braun: Oh hi Chris. Chris what happened?

Christian Braun: I ran out of pads that's why I used the last of it.

Landon Braun: oh my! Okay, we'll go to Costco to buy some more.

They decided to stop by at Costco but Chris felt like an embarrassment and he had to use his mother's skirt to cover up the stains.

Christian Braun: so sorry for not telling you guys sooner.

Landon Braun: don't even worry about it Chris. I'm like that also.

Parker Braun: And the fact is that you're going to be a mom soon Chris.

Christian Braun: what? Being a mother is going to be hard 😵

Parker Braun: I know.

Christian Braun: pushing the baby out hurts like hell Parker.

Parker Braun: I know but you have to get used to it.

Christian Braun: 😓