Ch.15

Now I am here in the hospital recovering because of the severe beating of my whole body.I realized that the prom is tomorrow, and I'm sure I won't be able to attend because my body is in pain.

I lay down and suddenly felt a headache. I realized that my head was affected and had a wound, so I decided to cut my hair to avoid it getting tangled in the wound.

Even though I'm in the hospital, my mind is still on Rain. I wonder what Rain is doing and thinking right now. Is Rain also thinking about me? Maybe Rain doesn't have a partner for the last rehearsal because I'm not with her.

RAIN'S POV

When I returned to school, everything seemed normal, as if nothing had happened to me, which is good because they didn't find out about what happened. I went to Paige and Liam's classroom, but I only saw Paige there she's staring into space as if she was absent. So I approached her.

"Hi Paige!" I greeted her. "H-hello Rain," she greeted me back in a trembling voice. "Are you okay?" I asked her because she doesn't seem like the usual happy Paige anymore. She's not the Paige who always teases me. Maybe it's because of what happened to me.

"If you're not okay, I'll just leave," I added while putting my arm around her. She just nodded and rested her head on the table. As I walked away, I felt that something was wrong. I didn't ask her where Liam was because I'm sure she won't answer.

The practice started without Liam. I just sat and watched them dance. Luckily, I already memorized the steps, but honestly, I wanted Liam to be dancing with me right now. And the prom is tomorrow, maybe he's not here because he's still buying his suit.

After class, it started raining again, so I waited for it to stop. I saw Paige coming towards me and she said goodbye, which surprised me because she didn't have an umbrella with her and she didn't mind the heavy rain.

"Paige!" I called her. She faced me and her eyes showed deep sadness, as if she's not the same Paige anymore. The liveliness and joy in her eyes were gone. "You'll get sick! Come here, I'll take you home. We'll wait for my mom to pick me up!" I called her again, but she just gave me a faint smile and left.

I felt sad because Paige is really affected by what happened to me.

The next day, I prepared myself because tonight is our prom. I can't contain my excitement because I really want to wear the dress. The prom is about to start, and my mom's makeup artist quickly did my makeup.

I requested for light makeup because I don't want my face to be fully covered, and it suits my slightly tanned skin. After the makeup, I asked my hair stylist to braid both sides of my long brown hair.

Then I wore my dress. When I looked in the mirror, I felt so happy because it suits me and our enchanted forest theme. It looked even better when I put on my silver elven crystal circlet with an emerald moonstone in the center tiara. I really looked like a fairy.

When I arrived at the venue, there were already many people, all dressed beautifully and mostly in green. I said goodbye to my mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek. She just smiled and told me, "Enjoy the night." I smiled back and left.

As I entered, my eyes widened at the beauty of the decorations. There was moss-covered floor, vines hanging from the ceiling, flowers in every corner, and fairy lights. It really felt like being in a forest. This theme is perfect for nature lovers like me, so I took a lot of photos.

I wandered around the venue, constantly amazed by everything. While walking, I accidentally bumped into Paige.

"Paige?" I said. "Hi Rain!" she greeted me not like yesterday. She's slowly returning to her old self. "Sorry, I didn't notice you," I said while smiling, and she smiled back. "You look beautiful tonight, Rain," she said while touching my dress. "You too, you look gorgeous in your silver elven dress," I replied, and she just smiled.

"Did you see Liam, Paige? I haven't seen him here yet," I asked her. "Um, no, maybe he's just running late," she answered nervously, so I just stared at her and she quickly looked away. "I-I'll go to my partner now," she said hesitantly, and I just nodded.

I sat down for a while and waited for Liam because maybe he's just running late. I decided to message him and waited for his reply. After a few minutes, he still hadn't replied, and that's when I started to worry.

Hours passed, and more people arrived. Almost everyone came with their partners, while I kept messaging Liam. I couldn't help but tremble with nervousness, afraid of what might have happened to him.