II shrieking susan

I turned to Dan and nudged him in the ribs. " Hey, did I ever tell you about shrieking susan? "
He groaned. "Is this another one of your dumb ghost stories?"
"No. Well,yea. But this one's actually true" . Dan laughed as we
Followed a S-shaped path through the forest, ascending a steep
Hill. "Well? You wanna hear it or not?" "No, But you're gonna
Tell me anyone."
"OK. So the story goes that she was a beautiful young woman
Who lived just outside this outside ."
Several hikers passed us by as they made their way down,
Rushing to get home before dark.
"One night she was walking home ,alone, when-" A lady holding two hikings interrupted me ."It's getting dark , fellas .
And the paths are bit tricky up ahead .
You should probably- say , are you guys twins?"
Dan and I gave each other a look that said ,
' not again'  He turned to the lady . "No, we just happen to be
In this exact same spot at the exact same time and look exactly alike .crazy, huh?" She shook her head and walked off,
Muttering under her breath. "Anyway, susan was walking home
When she realised somebody was following her, And she started running along in this exact trail . She made it all the way
To the top of the hill where-"
"Let me guess," Dan interjected,  "she made it all the way to the top , where the man bashed her skull in or strangled her, and now her tortured spirit wanders the forest every night searching for the man who killed her. Am I close?” “Well, yeah. But you took all the suspense out of it…” We reached the top of the hill where I threw down my pack, took out a Halloween mask, and slipped it on. Dan rolled his eyes. “That would scare me more if I hadn’t just watched you put it on.” “Oh, I’m not wearing this to scare you. I’m wearing it so Susan won’t recognize me.” Now it was completely dark. Somewhere behind us, a twig snapped. Dan spun around. “There’s something there,” he stammered. “Of course there is. It’s Susan. And she’s about to exact her revenge. See Dan, there’s a reason I know about her.” A shadowy figure crept between the trees. “It’s because I was her attacker.” From beyond the trees there came a piercing shriek.
“And rather than risk bumping into her somewhere down the line, I thought it would be safer to help her spirit find peace.” Dan’s jaw dropped as a ghastly figure with bone-white skin and dark sunken eyes stepped onto the path. He traveled backwards until he tripped over an exposed tree root and fell. Then shrieking Susan charged towards him, arms outstretched. “Wait,” Dan screamed, pointing at me. “It’s him, he’s the one who—” Before he could finish, Susan’s long fingers closed around his throat.