Author's Note

She went from the comfort of the Black Hut to the Black Garden.

She took a trip to the city to find the stone that haunted her dreams.

She lost bets and saved diamonds before she got entranced in a swirl.

She saw dragons of various colours litter the sky of China and went down beneath the surface to find mangled tails in the Atlantic.

Five bells rang to tell her time was up in the underworld and on her knees she counted and counted three thousand, four hundred and ninety-three crystals of sugar.

She rode on the wings of chaos all the way to La Casa Oscura, ready to reclaim what was hers.

✥✥✥✥✥

The fantastical fantasmical story of Merle of Thorne has come to an end!

To be honest, when I set out to start this, I was quite late. I made my character in a day and submitted it that day.

Though I still had time to make my character some days after but I wanted to make my character before I saw the prompts so I pushed myself to be done that day.

Then the prompts came and I took my precious time and that precious time flew till middle of June and I had a mini panic.

So, I started writing for the prompts, also taking my time to do so. Then came family obligations on the last week of June.

I was occupied for two days and didn't do any writing. But when I settled down on the 29th of June, I was only looking at words as the worst had happened.

I hit a huge writer's block. I tried but the words were not coming through and I still had three more prompts.

So, I decided to take a break which then progressed to me sleeping for the whole day. And so it was five hours till the target time I had set that I started to write.

It was a rush and it wasn't a rush.

But I finished and I'm truly proud of this work. Even if Merle doesn't take home anything. She'll always be a success to me.

This was my first attempt at writing short stories. I dived head first at the last moment despite seeing the announcement from the Fantasy channel at the very first day.

To all those who read, voted, commented, I am immensely grateful. Your votes have really been a support for me to add to my original motivation to write.

And to all who participated in this contest, Congratulations!! What truly matters is that you took part!

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this.

Take care and Love yourselves
~
The Sparkling Authoress,
Mis-A.
❤️

✥✥✥✥✥

✥✥✥✥✥