• Chapter Seven •

The weekend had soon rolled around, bringing an end to another week.

Tom had still yet to inform Kara of their date, and Kara had preferred that they rather hadn't gone through with it, but as the pilot had told her, 'A bet's a bet.'

She wasn't one to back down from a bet, and she couldn't help but be curious and see where this date could lead her with the handsome, ice-cold pilot.

She was currently seated at a table with Terence, Nick, and Pete as they waited for Carole, Bradley, and Pep to land.

"I told her how tough it is here." Nick said, referring to his wife. "You know, my ass dragging like an old, tired dog."

"No kidding." Terence scoffed lightly with a nod. "I told Pep the exact same thing."

"I told her that you didn't even have a woman here." Nick added, making Pete smile in amusement; the pilot probably already guessing what his RIO's wife had to say to that. "Or that Kara hadn't found herself a 'man'."

"Oh really?" Pete quizzed as his thoughts ran towards a certain blonde instructor.

"And why am I popping up in your conversation with Carole?" Kara questioned as a light blush dusted across her cheeks before her eyes fell towards the United States Navy plane out on the tarmac, where passengers had begun disembarking.

Nick chuckled at his sister. "You know what she said, Mav?" He asked his best friend as he took hold of the rose he had bought for his wife and a toy jet for his son. "She said,'Oh, he probably doesn't have one. He's got eight.'"

The table erupted into a round of laughs before Nick and Terence got out of their seats to go and greet their wives.

The two RIOs raced outside, with Carole screaming in happiness at the sight of her husband before she was pulled into a passionate kiss as he embraced her while Pep let out a a giggle as Terence spun her around and showered her face with kisses.

Kara stood beside Pete, the two pilots watching the scene with fond smiles on their faces.

"That'll be you soon enough." Kara said, nudging her friend softly. "Running up to Charlie, pulling her into your embrace."

Pete laughed softly. "Oh, whatever." He brushed the blonde off with a smile. "And what about you? I'm surprised you haven't gotten yourself a guy yet."

"All in due time, Peter." The female pilot stated with a smirk, patting his shoulder before she made her way over to her brother, sister-in-law, and nephew. "In due time.

Eventually, the gang had left the airport with Kara, Carole, and Pep, having their small reunion before grabbing their luggage from baggage claim

"So, Maverick," Carole began, her arm wrapped around her husband as she settled her gaze on the dark-haired pilot, as he assisted his RIO and Terence with the luggage while Kara held Bradley. "Goose tells me you're in love with one of your instructors."