6

"Castiel, I'm still here..."

You look around the empty bathroom, the sterile white lighting, the small stalls, and you let out a sigh.

"Bobby's awake now," you say, "he's yelling at a doctor again. It got hard to watch. I just- I wanted to-"

"To see me," Castiel finishes your sentence, appearing behind you in the mirror.

"Shit-" You spin around, face lighting up immediately as you beam at him, "Yeah, I wanted to see you. Hi."

"Hi," he responds. You brightness makes his chest tickle a little. He swallows a little dryly, feeling suddenly shy. "I, uh, I'm here." He coughs nervously, "I wanted to see you too. I... I wanted..."

At his silence, your eyebrows pinch together. You stare up at him, "What's wrong? What happened?"

"Nothing," his blue eyes run across your face as he takes a step closer, half timid, half wanting. He shakes his head sternly, "If something were to happen, you'd be the first I'd tell. Are you okay?"

"No," you press your lips together into a tight line, "I mean, the world's ending. The Devil's out on bail. Sam and Dean are being..." You just let out a sigh, rolling your eyes, "Sam and Dean. And I don't know what to do about any of it."

Castiel finds himself smiling a little, gentle smile. "I remember, not so long ago, I came to you with the same dilemma," he notes the irony, "though, even with free will, I'm not certain what I should do either."

You let out a hum, smile fading, "Do you think we have a chance? Against Lucifer?"

Cas takes a step towards you, reaching his hand out for you to take. Your heart quickens and you curse yourself for being so giddy.

"As long as we live, there's hope for a future," he says certainly, thumb running up and down the back of your warm hand, "Humans have hope."

You stare down at his hand, feeling a calm settle into your body. Cas lets go of your hand, and you look up at him, eyes immediately flicking down to his close lips. "I missed you more than you could ever know," you whisper sincerely.

His eyebrows furrow for a moment as he leans in, slowly, hoping to press his lips to yours without interruption. You meet him halfway, your lips brushing against his as your eyes close. Castiel lets his eyes fall shut as you gently kiss into his mouth. He can feel his breath quicken and he frowns a little at the urge inside of him - like something telling him to touch you, to press against you. Human desires, no doubt, he's familiar with the nature of your kind. When you press a warm hand to his cheek, Castiel lets out a soft sigh. You smile, running your hand back to softly cup his neck. Castiel gives in, wholeheartedly, and you can feel him sigh again when he plants both his hands on the counter, cornering you. You pull back at the sound, looking up into his vacant eyes.

"More," he huffs out a little breath as he stares down at your wet lips.

"Cas-"

The bathroom door swings open and you gasp gently, Castiel already gone from sight. Two people enter the bathroom, paying you no mind as they find stalls. You turn towards the mirror, shutting your eyes for a moment and letting out a long breath. It takes a minute for you to calm down, running a hand over your face and rolling your eyes at yourself.

Outside of the hospital, after bidding Bobby goodbye, you find Sam and Dean. They're standing in front of one another, in the distance, in somewhat of a heated discussion. You slow your pace, watching in concern as the two hash it out. Dean looks down at the ground before shaking his head up at his brother, speaking something inaudible to you. You see Sam tense, and as you finally meet them, Dean's already leaving. "Where to now?" You ask Sam, mind and heart still buzzing from seeing Castiel.

Sam clears his throat, watching as Dean makes his way to his car, "Uh - I-I don't know."

You give him a look, noticing his sunken demeanour and unsettled tone. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

"I'm not an idiot, Sam, what happened?" You stand in front of him, meeting his red eyes, "Sam?"

He presses his lips together, eyebrows furrowing harshly, "You know how Dean is; pretending to be fine with everything when he's not. Guess he finally got tired of it."

You clench your jaw, turning to see Dean slam the impala door shut. You flinch a little. "He's your brother," you remind Sam, turning back to give him a reassuring look, "you'll make up, eventually. I'm sure of it."

"I don't know. You didn't hear what he said."

"No but it's Dean, he loves you more than anything. He'll come around."

"Did you?"

You look at him, eyes narrowing, "What?"

"Did you come around to me?" He clarifies, tilting his head a little as if he's expecting a harsh answer, "I mean, choosing a demon over you, lying, ending the world."

Your lips twitch for a moment but you just shake your head, "No. You didn't choose a demon over us. You just... You did what you thought was right, that's all anyone can do." You elbow his arm, gesturing towards the purring car. "Plus," you announce lightheartedly, staring up into the night sky as you both head to Dean, "World hasn't ended yet, Sammy-boy."