𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

Tom POV:

Today's the day. Not the day I propose to Ivy, but the day I officially ask her to live with me.

All the time we'd been together, I'd thought it would be for the best if we lived together. After all, Georg had asked Christina to live with him so she wouldn't have a roommate anymore.

Cordelia wanted to stay with here in L.A., so she could have Ivy's apartment and Ivy would move in with me.

"Not too nervous?" asked Bill as we waited for the girls to get ready.

"Yes, I shit myself," I replied.

He gave me a reassuring smile before stroking my shoulder.

"Everything's going to be fine, she'll never say no to you," he said.

I took a deep breath. What if she said no?Honestly I'd look really stupid.

Christina and Georg left the kitchen to join us in the living room.

"So did you tell her?" asked Christina, settling down next to Bill.

I shook my head no and she rolled her eyes at her boyfriend.

"You were right, he'll chicken out," she said, addressing Georg.

"Hey, I'm still here," I said as they both turned their heads towards me.

Everyone laughed, except me. I was so stressed that my hands were oozing. I could feel sweat dripping down my forehead and my foot tapping nervously on the floor.

"Calm down, or she'll suspect something," Bill ordered me in a commanding tone.

Ivy and Cordelia finally came downstairs and I stood up to greet her.

"Come with me, I've got to show you something," I said, taking her by the hand.

She looked at me confusedly, but followed me anyway.

We pulled into the garage and I opened the door.

"Where exactly are we going?" asked Ivy as we settled in.

"You'll see," I replied mysteriously.

We drove to our destination in silence. I was still as stressed as ever, but seeing Ivy sticking her head out the window with her hair blowing in the wind just made me forget everything.

She was perfect, and the more time I spent with her, the more I told myself I didn't deserve her.

"Are we almost there?" she asked as she closed the window.

"You'll see," I replied with a smile.

We finally arrived at our destination: the beach where I'd already taken her for a romantic picnic. This place really soothed me, and it was the perfect place to ask her to live with me.

I got out of the car and opened the door for her. When she was finally outside, she observed the landscape before us.

"Oh, Tom," she said with an emotional smile.

"Come," I said, taking her by the hand.

So I took her down to the beach, exactly where we were last time.

"Why did you bring me here, Tom?" she asked, looking me straight in the eye.

I watched her for a few seconds before answering. Her hair fluttered in the wind and covered her beautiful face. I pushed her hair back behind her ears before concentrating on her.

"You're right, I brought you here for a reason."

I swallowed before looking at her again.

"Ivy, we've been through so much together and at this point in our lives, I couldn't live without you. When you're not around I feel an emptiness, you can ask Bill for that matter," I say, laughing lightly.

I turned my gaze to the sea.

"What I'm trying to say is that Ivy, I love you and I want you to live with me."

I looked into her eyes again to discover that hers were filled with tears. She was smiling, but her mascara was running down her cheeks.

"Of course I want to live with you, Tom," she said.

I kissed her immediately, taking her face in my hands. I knew this was going to be one of the most important day of my life.

"I also have something to show you," I said, breaking our kiss.

She looked at me slightly confused.

"Don't worry," I said.

I lifted the sleeve of my T-shirt to reveal a tattoo on my bicep, the date of the day we met.

"Oh my God, Tom." she said, dumbfounded.

"This way I'll never forget," I say, caressing her face.

"I love you, Tom." she says, taking my face between her slender hands.

"You can't imagine how much I love you," I say in return.

___

A/N: This is the end of the story, my loves. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I love you all!
I'll be posting my other story soon so stay tuned!